OK, I have a decision to make and I'm in need of your educated opinions!
I am about to start grad school and I need to buy a laptop. At the same time, I am currently using a desktop PC from 2006 that I've been using for gaming but it's having trouble running Left 4 Dead 2 on anything above Low settings. Clearly, I need something better.
I have about $800 to spend and I'm looking at two options:
1. Buy a laptop capable of playing games and retire my desktop PC (maybe the ASUS U30JC-A1?)
2. Buy a budget laptop strictly for school use ($400?) and use the leftover $400 to upgrade my desktop for playing games.
If you were me, what would YOU do?
Here are the specs of my current (very lame) desktop PC for your reference:
- Pentium® D Processor 940 with Dual Core Technology (3.2GHz, 800FSB)
- 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (4x512M)
- ATI All-in-Wonder X1900 (256 MB GDDR3)
- 480W Power Supply (purchased for the sake of the X1900)
Thanks for any advice - I've been going around in circles and would love some guidance on this!