Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Install win7 previous Mac OSX SSD

Last response: in Storage
September 17, 2012 5:35:35 AM

I'm trying to install win 7 on a SSD that was previously running Mac OSX. I've been able to format it via another PC running Windows 7.

When I boot to install from CD, I get the following message:

Loading Operating System ...

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: error

I've set the BIOS to AHCI.
a b G Storage
September 17, 2012 5:42:02 AM

IT looks like the drive is using the GPT (GUID Partition Table) partitioning scheme, but that laptop might not support it. Reconnect the SSD to the PC used to format and in the Disk Management console, convert to MBR (Master Boot Record), then try again
September 17, 2012 7:04:10 AM

That did get me past the error; however I now have "windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer"

0xc00000e9
An unexpected I/O error has occurred

This happened after the win 7 install disc ran and I was asked to choose an operating system to start - windows setup [ems enabled]
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 17, 2012 1:23:30 PM

I don't suppose you have a different copy of the Windows 7 disk or an external DVD-ROM drive to try with? One of those would likely solve that issue.
September 17, 2012 1:40:45 PM

Would trying via a thumb drive accomplish the same?
a b G Storage
September 17, 2012 6:42:39 PM

Sure.
September 17, 2012 6:51:12 PM

Worked like a charm. I used the diskpart command to make a flashdrive bootable, then I simply copied my Win 7 install disk to the flash drive. Rebooted using the flashdrive as the primary boot source and it ran perfectly.

Thanks.
September 17, 2012 6:51:22 PM

Best answer selected by prk72.
October 21, 2012 12:10:32 AM

prk72 said:
Worked like a charm. I used the diskpart command to make a flashdrive bootable, then I simply copied my Win 7 install disk to the flash drive. Rebooted using the flashdrive as the primary boot source and it ran perfectly.

Thanks.

Hello I am sorry, I have been having the same problem as you, been meaning to get windows for almost a year, but some or the other error always pops up. I have seemed to hit a dead end at the same error as you, but you seem to have fixed it apparently. Can you please tell me how you copied the installer disk on the usb, was it using mac or windows. Any help will be appreciated mate. Thanks.
!