September 13, 2010 9:15:15 AM

My Current config is
Gigabyte G31 s2l
power supply AC 220v
processor-dual core e2220 2.4ghz
ram-2gb ddr2 800 bus
hd-500gb
Graphics-Nvidia Gefource 9500gt

now i want to upgrade only my processor to Intel C2D 2.93GHz E7500.Will that increse my gaming performance?
It supports a cash memory of 3mb and my current processor is 1mb cash memory.
will this increse my RAm performance/
In windows 7 home premium in my computer properties ,it shows that only 2.5gb usable.will that change if i change only my processor to E7500?

More about : config

a c 172 à CPUs
September 13, 2010 9:34:54 AM

now i want to upgrade only my processor to Intel C2D 2.93GHz E7500.Will that increse my gaming performance?
It supports a cash memory of 3mb and my current processor is 1mb cash memory. said:

First you need to make sure the the motherboard will support a Wolfdale CPU. You may need a BIOS upgrade. Next, the limit to your gaming performance is the video card.

said:

CPU cache isn't to increase RAM performance. It's designed to increase CPU performance. CPU performance will increase more to the faster CPU than the larger cache.

In windows 7 home premium in my computer properties ,it shows that only 2.5gb usable.will that change if i change only my processor to E7500? said:

In windows 7 home premium in my computer properties ,it shows that only 2.5gb usable.will that change if i change only my processor to E7500?

No. You will need a 64 bit version for that.
m
l
September 13, 2010 10:14:27 AM

I know that Gigabyte G31M-S2L support c2d.Where can i upgrade the BIOS FOR A WINDOWS 7 32 bit or 64 bit for my mobo?
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
September 13, 2010 1:46:13 PM

crepy_crawl said:
I know that Gigabyte G31M-S2L support c2d.Where can i upgrade the BIOS FOR A WINDOWS 7 32 bit or 64 bit for my mobo?

That is the OS. You need to update the bios for the CPU. That is all.
m
l
September 13, 2010 5:55:13 PM

i have tried updating BIOS From Gigabyte web site,in my win 7 32bit homw premium os.but it shows an error.I have tried updating BIOS from my computer properties(right click on my computer -manage-device manager-system devices).but windows search online shows my devices r already updated.

Thanks gys for ur answer...things r getting quiet clear now
m
l
!