Can't add maps to server

Last response: in Video Games
May 22, 2004 12:06:44 PM

The admin page loads, I go to Defaults, select Onslaught, hit update.
I choose all the ONslaught maps on the left pane and click the >> to
move them to the right pane and click Save (I've also tried Use and
then Save) but all maps go back over to the left pane and appears that
nothing happens.

Immediately under Game Maplist Management, I have no options in the
left drop down list and nothing is in the right text box. I use to
have something there and was working but apparently I made a change to
the INI and didn't hold my mouth just right when I saved and it hasn't
worked since.

I generated another INI on the unrealadmin.org page but that didn't
help either. Looked at unrealtower and unrealadmin.org but found
nothing on the subject. I might not have used the right keywords.
Don't know.

Please assist.

More about : add maps server

May 22, 2004 8:25:38 PM

Tommy, I'm just taking a guess here.
Could it be a permissions issue?
Or is the .ini file some how now set to read only?
What OS are you using?

"tommy" <tommynospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The admin page loads, I go to Defaults, select Onslaught, hit update.
> I choose all the ONslaught maps on the left pane and click the >> to
> move them to the right pane and click Save (I've also tried Use and
> then Save) but all maps go back over to the left pane and appears that
> nothing happens.
>
> Immediately under Game Maplist Management, I have no options in the
> left drop down list and nothing is in the right text box. I use to
> have something there and was working but apparently I made a change to
> the INI and didn't hold my mouth just right when I saved and it hasn't
> worked since.
>
> I generated another INI on the unrealadmin.org page but that didn't
> help either. Looked at unrealtower and unrealadmin.org but found
> nothing on the subject. I might not have used the right keywords.
> Don't know.
>
> Please assist.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 3:19:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, dude.

The solution I found makes no sense but it seems that when I made a
change in the ini file, i had to start the server (i.e. UCC SERVER),
then from within the admin webpage, hit "RESTART SERVER". Then when I
connected to the admin page again, it appeared as it should.

I don't understand why that happens nor have I given it much more
thought.
!