Sign in with
Your question

Best GPU for eyefinity under $350

Last response: in Systems
July 15, 2010 9:14:31 PM

Ok, I am sold on the whole Eyefinity thing ( just watched it on youtube ).
Just when I thought I had enough stuff and had my budget for a rig, then I see Eyefinity...damn, now I gotta have it :ange:  3 monitors, here I come!! (does anyone 3 monitors w/eyefinity that can talk about it and what they have?)

I was going to try to stay in about the $350 range (so I can save up for extra monitors later).

I was thinking about dual of the HIS IceQ HD 5770 Turbo 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 because of the great feedback it's received, not only on Newegg, but on other sites as well, especially for the Eyefinity.

I was also thinking about the GTX 470, but I don't know if those can run on 3 monitors. Also, they run VERY hot, but the price is good now here, but I think I'd have to spend a lot to just keep it cool.

I was also looking at alot of the HD 9000 series, but couldn't really find one for a good price that had excellent feedback. Any suggestions?

Thanks again! :bounce: 

More about : gpu eyefinity 350

a b C Monitor
July 15, 2010 9:18:57 PM

You're not getting a great Eyefinity card for under $350. To really do it right, you need to have the HD 5970 (or two 5870s) or else you won't have enough graphics power. That'll run you twice that.

The best advice I can offer right now is to spend a little more and get an HD 5870 (they can be had for $380-390, depending on the day and the deal) and plan to Crossfire it very soon.
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 15, 2010 9:18:59 PM

Eyefinity is ATI tech. Nvidia equivalent is 3d surround and requires SLI.

Well technically for $360 you could get 2 5830's. Which if you plan to game on 3 1080p monitors, you'll definitely want (You'll actually want more like 5870 xfire, but that's outta budget).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

edit: beaten by 2 secs >.<
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 15, 2010 9:26:25 PM

Which cards would you guys then recommend or which ones do you have?
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 15, 2010 9:30:29 PM

I'd recommend getting the cheapest HD 5870 you can find. If you can't stretch the budget, grab an HD 5850. You should definitely plan to Crossfire them as soon as possible if you actually want to get decent FPS and good quality with Eyefinity.
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 15, 2010 9:47:53 PM

Eyefinity is really not something you wanna do on a budget less than $2k.

Monitors alone is ~$500.

Mad's advice is pretty much the only budget way to go if you want good gaming performance.
m
l
August 26, 2010 8:45:43 AM

nish-ka-bibble said:
Ok, I am sold on the whole Eyefinity thing ( just watched it on youtube ).
Just when I thought I had enough stuff and had my budget for a rig, then I see Eyefinity...damn, now I gotta have it :ange:  3 monitors, here I come!! (does anyone 3 monitors w/eyefinity that can talk about it and what they have?)

I was going to try to stay in about the $350 range (so I can save up for extra monitors later).

I was thinking about dual of the HIS IceQ HD 5770 Turbo 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 because of the great feedback it's received, not only on Newegg, but on other sites as well, especially for the Eyefinity.

I was also thinking about the GTX 470, but I don't know if those can run on 3 monitors. Also, they run VERY hot, but the price is good now here, but I think I'd have to spend a lot to just keep it cool.

I was also looking at alot of the HD 9000 series, but couldn't really find one for a good price that had excellent feedback. Any suggestions?

Thanks again! :bounce: 

The EXACT video card (HIS 5770 turbo...) is used on this website guide thingy:
http://howtoeyefinity.webs.com/
Hope this helps.
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 26, 2010 9:56:42 AM

HD 5770 and lower HD 5K cards may be eyefinity capable but if gaming is on the table i'd hit a far beefier GPU However if gaming is not on the table i would rather go ATI SurroundView rather than Eyefinity for multi display ^^
m
l
August 26, 2010 10:18:49 AM

I'm running 5040*1050 off a single 5850 and get great performance. IMO 5770 CFX is where it's at.
m
l
!