Best GPU for eyefinity under $350

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Ok, I am sold on the whole Eyefinity thing ( just watched it on youtube ).
Just when I thought I had enough stuff and had my budget for a rig, then I see Eyefinity...damn, now I gotta have it :ange: 3 monitors, here I come!! (does anyone 3 monitors w/eyefinity that can talk about it and what they have?)

I was going to try to stay in about the $350 range (so I can save up for extra monitors later).

I was thinking about dual of the HIS IceQ HD 5770 Turbo 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 because of the great feedback it's received, not only on Newegg, but on other sites as well, especially for the Eyefinity.

I was also thinking about the GTX 470, but I don't know if those can run on 3 monitors. Also, they run VERY hot, but the price is good now here, but I think I'd have to spend a lot to just keep it cool.

I was also looking at alot of the HD 9000 series, but couldn't really find one for a good price that had excellent feedback. Any suggestions?

Thanks again! :bounce:

You're not getting a great Eyefinity card for under $350. To really do it right, you need to have the HD 5970 (or two 5870s) or else you won't have enough graphics power. That'll run you twice that.

The best advice I can offer right now is to spend a little more and get an HD 5870 (they can be had for $380-390, depending on the day and the deal) and plan to Crossfire it very soon.

Hiphopapodamus

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010

The EXACT video card (HIS 5770 turbo...) is used on this website guide thingy:
http://howtoeyefinity.webs.com/
Hope this helps.