Tiger_Kit_Computer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since my last post and I am hoping to get some advice for a new PSU. My old PSU is an Ultra 500W X-Finity and this thing is making so much noise that I first thought it was one of My HDD's going bad. The fan is clean so that is not the issue. I am looking for a PSU that I can use on my next build, I am waiting for the new AMD CPU's and 6000 series GPu's to come out before I upgrade. I am not going to run dual video cards, but I do want to overclock my current CPU, I have never trusted the power supply I have now to do that. I am on a budget so nothing over $100 U.S. Currency and I prefer to use New Egg. Here are the components of my current system.

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6700 2.66G

CPU COOLER XIGMATEK|HDT-S1283

MB MSI P7N SLI-FI 775 750I SLI RT

VGA HIS H485F512P HD4850 512M

MEM 2X2G|MUSHKIN

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS 1TB

Western Digital 7200 160 Gig

These are 2 of the PSU's I am looking at from New Egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

Thanks For any help...

Solution
Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA).
Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA).

Solution

Tiger_Kit_Computer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008

I was looking for a modular PSU I forgot to put that in my original post and I forgot to even look if the Corsair PSU was Modular, thanks for pointing that out. My PSU that I have now is not Modular, but it is a mess inside my case, not much room to hide the cables.

Thanks for the reply.