Solved

PSU Going Bad

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since my last post and I am hoping to get some advice for a new PSU. My old PSU is an Ultra 500W X-Finity and this thing is making so much noise that I first thought it was one of My HDD's going bad. The fan is clean so that is not the issue. I am looking for a PSU that I can use on my next build, I am waiting for the new AMD CPU's and 6000 series GPu's to come out before I upgrade. I am not going to run dual video cards, but I do want to overclock my current CPU, I have never trusted the power supply I have now to do that. I am on a budget so nothing over $100 U.S. Currency and I prefer to use New Egg. Here are the components of my current system.

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6700 2.66G

CPU COOLER XIGMATEK|HDT-S1283

MB MSI P7N SLI-FI 775 750I SLI RT

VGA HIS H485F512P HD4850 512M

MEM 2X2G|MUSHKIN

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS 1TB

Western Digital 7200 160 Gig

These are 2 of the PSU's I am looking at from New Egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

Thanks For any help...
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. I recommend the Corsair, I'm running 2 4870s in crosssfire, along with a lot of other stuff on that PSU. However, it is not modular, so make sure you have enough space to hide the unused power cables.
  2. Best answer
    Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA).
  3. treefrog07 said:
    I recommend the Corsair, I'm running 2 4870s in crosssfire, along with a lot of other stuff on that PSU. However, it is not modular, so make sure you have enough space to hide the unused power cables.

I was looking for a modular PSU I forgot to put that in my original post and I forgot to even look if the Corsair PSU was Modular, thanks for pointing that out. My PSU that I have now is not Modular, but it is a mess inside my case, not much room to hide the cables.

Thanks for the reply.
  4. Best answer selected by Tiger_Kit_Computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product