Shopping for 16gb flash drives to use in 4gb Xbox 360

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I just bought an Xbox 360 Kinect Family bundle for my brother, which doesn't come equipped with an HDD. Instead, I was going to buy him 3 little 16gb drives - 16 GB being the maximum space the Xbox 360 can manage per drive, with a max of two drives at a time - but I don't really know where to start.

We all know flash drives are not created equal and I want to ensure the read and write speed are going to be good as he will be installing his games on these, as he would with an HDD. I saw some cheap Corsair Voyagers on amazon and I know they perform rather well, but in my experience these have a pretty high defective rate (please correct me if I am wrong). Any other suggestions ?

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

To make a long story short, I got myself a pair of ADATA 16GB USB sticks at 9.95 each. They are not speed demons but they do the trick. Please keep in mind that you may be able to get one game per stick and this does not include other save data that may be incurred.

I transferred Forza3 onto one stick and with all my game saves, I have just under 3.5GB left available.

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
That's not the point. I already own an Xbox 360 which comes well equipped with it's hard drive and all the bells and whistles. I already own mutiple controllers, headsets and various other things I'm not likely to use ever again.

As I mentioned in my post, I am buying this for my brother, who is obviously younger than me, won't play much and won't use the full features of the Xbox 360. Not to mention that there is a discount right now on this very same Kinect Family bundle, meaning that I get it for dirt cheap, + the added price of 20 bucks for an additional 32 gbs of storage and the ability to install games.

This is all that is ever going to be needed on this console really.

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

Might I ask which model of ADATA 16gb you bought ? After inquiring about it on the corsair forums I learned that the entry Voyager drives do not work on Xbox 360. Browsing the other manufacturers I noticed how cheap the ADATA were while having some pretty decent write speeds.

I just wanna make sure what I buy is going to be compatible so... I might as well buy the same as you :D

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

LOL - :D

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=11_180_632&item_id=050643

Enjoy!

:sol: