Sign in with
Your question

Ie8 for windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
November 2, 2011 8:06:11 PM

Hi;

I bought a computer Win7 64 bit it came with IE9, a company I'm going to do work for

needs IE8, I can't find anywhere to get IE8 for Win 7 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated

TIA

Tom

More about : ie8 windows bit

November 2, 2011 10:11:33 PM

I went to that site the english download has XP, Vista, server 2003,2008, NOT win7
64 it.
What am I missing ??

Tom
m
l
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
November 2, 2011 10:15:51 PM

Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, click OK and reboot. You will be not have Internet Explorer installed then. Go to Windows features again and check Internet Explorer 8, reboot. Now you will have Internet Explorer installed again
m
l
November 2, 2011 10:47:22 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, click OK and reboot. You will be not have Internet Explorer installed then. Go to Windows features again and check Internet Explorer 8, reboot. Now you will have Internet Explorer installed again

Ihave IE9 Factory installed, Iwant to replace it with IE8 64 bit, the site u mentioned only has XP, Vista, Server 2003,2008.

There was no UPGRADE to IE9

TIA

Tom
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
November 2, 2011 10:52:25 PM

Click on "START"

Click on "Control Panel"

Screen will appear Click on "PROGRAMS Uninstall a Program"

Uninstall or change a program appears on screen

On top left hand corner click "VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES"

"UNINSTALL OR UPDATE" appears on screen

In top right corner (find an update) type in "expl" A screen will appear with an icon that says "WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 9". Right click on the icon and a menu bar will appear click "UNINSTALL" or "DELETE". (I can not remember if it was "UNINSTALL OR THE WORD DELETE. WHICHEVER APPEARS CLICK APPROPRIATE WORD)

INTERNET EXPLORER 9 WILL BE DELETED WHEN YOU RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AT PROMPT.

After computer reboots a window pops up for "WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 8" Click DOWNLOAD and you are back in business.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows...

Microsoft Link about this change ^

m
l
!