Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
System I have now::
Case: HAF 932
MB: Asus P-6-T Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core I-7 920 Stock Speed
Mem: Carsair DDR-3 1600 Stock
Cooler: True 120 Extreme R.C
GCard: NVidia GTX-295 Series 1 (4 yrs old)
PS: Thermaltake 1000 Watt (5 yrs old)
HDDS: Primary-WD 750 GB Black:: Secondary: WD 1 TB Green (Not raided)
DVD: Lite on 24X Rewritable with Litescribe
Monitor: Samsung 2493 HM
MB Sound into 1000W Onkyo 7.1 Reciever
Op. System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64

My Question is!!!!!!

What power supply should I get to replace this thermaltake when it goes out????
And what GCard would be as good or better than the GTX-295??

Games I play are: MW2 at 1920X1200 Maxed out!! Really that about it for games. lol

This rig sets in my garage.....mancave, with a refridgerated window unit ducted so it blows into the front fan of the HAF 932. If it is 100 degrees outside...it is 100 degrees in the garage, but the comp. has 65 degree air blowing into the front of the case 24-7 in the summer....as for the winter....I get the heat....the comp gets the cold air!! LOL

All help will be appreciated. And yes I did build this rig myself as well as the last 6 I have had. I have just been out of the loop for about 2 yrs since I built this one. Thanks

tecmo34

Administrator
Best GPU: ATI 5970 (XFX or Sapphire Brands) - If you have to have Nvidia, you will ge going with GTX 480

Best PSU: This is a bigger debate on the "best". For your brands, it comes down to SeaSonic and Corsair. Also, you have to ask do you ever plan to Crossfire / SLI, which dictates the wattage size. I would go with the Corsair CMPSU-850HX, as the best PSU IMO. Here is a great thread to get ideas on other worthly PSU replacement... http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/278567-28-ranked-list-guide

Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Naw, it doesn't have to be NVidia.....I have used thier cards since the 6800 GTX, but ATI have come out with some Awesome cards of late!!!!!!

And I do not plan on crossfire or sli so there is that!!....so you think an 850 Watt PS is enough?? I do want a modular also...forgot that in my original post. lol
I will check out your suggestion when I get the chance......tomarrow most likely...thank you for your input. Jack....Right now.....Whiskey and sprite are clouding my judgement!! LOL

TRENDING THREADS