2 devices (HD and DVD drive) suddenly disappeared (Asus P8P67 B2)

PODxt

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hi,

While I was working with 2 of my drives (SSD (system) and one other HD), both connected to the Intel SATA6 ports, 2 other hard drives disappeared. Some folders from one of these drives were open and suddenly closed. That's how I noticed both of these devices were missing. Coincidently, the devices that disappeared are both connected to the Marvell SATA6 ports.

I checked in the disk manager and there is no mention of my hard drive and DVD drive at all. Did I miss something, like some "feature" that would turn off or disconnect those devices from the Marvell ports? Or is this some kind of bug?

All my devices are in IDE, not AHCI.
Thanks

shukidevdas

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

hey! i have the p8p67 ws revolution, a vertex 3, and a vertex 2 and the same thing happened to me to today! i had windows on my vertex 3 and it like disappeared out of nowhere... i couldn't load it, windows repair couldn't find it either...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
If it is B2 revision, it might be that SATA port issue that caused all the mobo manufacturers to replace it with B3 revision. SATA ports on B2 degrade over time because of the faulty chipset. Can this be the case?

dentonny

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
This has also happened to me twice now!

I have a Western Digital 3TB Caviar Green connected to the Marvell port.

When I reboot the drive reappears but this shouldn't be the solution off course..