Customizing Linux UT2004

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2004 10:05:20 PM

I'm running UT2004 on a Linux box, and I've had trouble with two "simple"
tasks.

I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I downloaded
one from http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mut... --
and put the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with
644 permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
wrong? There are no errors on loading.

I'd also like to keep maps I download when playing network games. I see
the files going into the Cache directory, and the Cache.ini file tells me
what the file names should be. I tried copying these into the /usr/...
structure, but they also didn't appear in the game. I did get an error
about not being able to load the levels, however....

Any advice?

--
\\\\\ ----> hedgie@hedgie.com <----
\\\\\\\__o Bringing hedgehogs to the common folk since 1994.

Visit http://www.hedgie.com for information on my latest book,
"Waiting for War," published by Aventine Press!
May 24, 2004 12:13:00 PM

Jimmy Brokaw enlightened us with:
> I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I
> downloaded one from
> http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mut... -- and put
> the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with 644
> permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
> wrong? There are no errors on loading.

What files have you downloaded? What does the documentation of the
mutator tell you about installing it? Most of them have a readme.txt or
similar.

> I'd also like to keep maps I download when playing network games. I
> see the files going into the Cache directory, and the Cache.ini file
> tells me what the file names should be. I tried copying these into
> the /usr/... structure, but they also didn't appear in the game. I
> did get an error about not being able to load the levels, however....

Where *exactly* did you put them?

> Any advice?

Come with concrete facts, instead of letting us fill in the dots.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
May 25, 2004 2:42:20 AM

Jimmy Brokaw wrote:

> I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I downloaded
> one from http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mut... --
> and put the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with
> 644 permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
> wrong? There are no errors on loading.

It works here on the retail release, but not with the 3204 patch. Maybe the
patch broke the mutator?
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 2:42:21 AM

ravage sat down at the computer and pounded the following into the
keyboard:

> It works here on the retail release, but not with the 3204 patch. Maybe
> the patch broke the mutator?

Ah. That's quite possible - I have the patch. Unless anyone knows of
another exploding ammo mutator, I'll contact the author for more advice.

--

!