Customizing Linux UT2004

I'm running UT2004 on a Linux box, and I've had trouble with two "simple"
tasks.

I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I downloaded
one from http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mutator --
and put the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with
644 permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
wrong? There are no errors on loading.

I'd also like to keep maps I download when playing network games. I see
the files going into the Cache directory, and the Cache.ini file tells me
what the file names should be. I tried copying these into the /usr/...
structure, but they also didn't appear in the game. I did get an error
about not being able to load the levels, however....

Any advice?

--
\\\\\ ----> hedgie@hedgie.com <----
\\\\\\\__o Bringing hedgehogs to the common folk since 1994.

Visit http://www.hedgie.com for information on my latest book,
"Waiting for War," published by Aventine Press!
3 answers Last reply
More about customizing linux ut2004

    Jimmy Brokaw enlightened us with:
    > I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I
    > downloaded one from
    > http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mutator -- and put
    > the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with 644
    > permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
    > wrong? There are no errors on loading.

    What files have you downloaded? What does the documentation of the
    mutator tell you about installing it? Most of them have a readme.txt or
    similar.

    > I'd also like to keep maps I download when playing network games. I
    > see the files going into the Cache directory, and the Cache.ini file
    > tells me what the file names should be. I tried copying these into
    > the /usr/... structure, but they also didn't appear in the game. I
    > did get an error about not being able to load the levels, however....

    Where *exactly* did you put them?

    > Any advice?

    Come with concrete facts, instead of letting us fill in the dots.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    Jimmy Brokaw wrote:

    > I'd really like to be able to add an exploding ammo mutator. I downloaded
    > one from http://blog.ardvaark.net/staticpages/index.php?page=mutator --
    > and put the files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004/System directory with
    > 644 permissions, but it doesn't show up in the game. What am I doing
    > wrong? There are no errors on loading.

    It works here on the retail release, but not with the 3204 patch. Maybe the
    patch broke the mutator?

    ravage sat down at the computer and pounded the following into the
    keyboard:

    > It works here on the retail release, but not with the 3204 patch. Maybe
    > the patch broke the mutator?

    Ah. That's quite possible - I have the patch. Unless anyone knows of
    another exploding ammo mutator, I'll contact the author for more advice.

    --
    \\\\\ ----> hedgie@hedgie.com <----
    \\\\\\\__o Bringing hedgehogs to the common folk since 1994.

    Visit http://www.hedgie.com for information on my latest book,
    "Waiting for War," published by Aventine Press!

Games Linux Video Games