Can't update P55 - need 64-bit installer

Solution
You should only need the BIOS file to use Q-Flash (I'm assuming it is built into the BIOS). It should work fine, though.

The message simply means you are trying to run a 16-bit (probably DOS) program in a 64-bit OS – which can't be done. The installer is probably meant to be copied onto a DOS boot floppy or USB stick, then run from that.

uRabbit

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
That's what I would think, as it's just BIOS. But when trying to open FLASHSPI.EXE (the BIOS installer), the following error comes up:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
You should only need the BIOS file to use Q-Flash (I'm assuming it is built into the BIOS). It should work fine, though.

The message simply means you are trying to run a 16-bit (probably DOS) program in a 64-bit OS – which can't be done. The installer is probably meant to be copied onto a DOS boot floppy or USB stick, then run from that.

Solution

uRabbit

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Mkay. Gigabyte unfortunately doesn't have instructions. Strange, considering it's such a sensitive procedure...

So put all the files on a USB stick and go at it via Q-Flash...?