Sign in with
Your question

I have an HD4850 and an HD2600 XT. Can i crossfire them?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2010 10:12:16 PM

I have an HD4850 and an HD2600 XT. Can i crossfire them? If was told you could. If so how? I have them installed but no Crossfire option in the CCC. The HD2600 was given to me for free so i just mainly wanted to see if it worked. If this is possible how do i enable the crossfire.

I installed them both separately. With or without the bridge connector i still receive no crossfire option. I also installed the crossfire profiles. Just another side note. This is being done after a fresh wipe and reinstall of the OS; windows 7. Am i missing something or are they not compatible together lol.
a c 235 U Graphics card
June 6, 2010 10:21:26 PM

nope, you need two of the same model card (you can have different manufacturers) to crossfire
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2010 10:21:36 PM

they cannot be crossfired, you can only crossfire with gpu's from the same generation and subset (ie the 4850 would have to be crossfired with a 48XX card, but preferably another 4850)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2010 10:22:03 PM

There is NO WAY. Their architectures are totally different, clocks are different, not even in the same generation of cards.
a c 172 U Graphics card
June 6, 2010 11:56:48 PM

jryan388 said:
There is NO WAY. Their architectures are totally different, clocks are different, not even in the same generation of cards.

Actually they're are of the same architectures however not the same configuration, little has changed when comparing the basic shader aside from a few optimizations over the past few generations. The 3k, 4k, and the 5k series can be traced back to the R600 and its immediate derivatives.
!