1300$ Gaming PC(+monitor!)

Cemmirri

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Note: This PC is more for MMO use (FFXIV, Aion), and RTS/Dota style games. I don't play FPS, so if there are adjustments I can make to make it more cost friendly that'd be great too,

I have about a 1300$ budget, and it needs to include a Monitor. Anything I'm overlooking/need to adjust? Any help would be greatful.

I believe the total here, after about 100$ shipping is 1350 or so, US.

I had a smaller tower, but it was recommended I go with the Dark Knight cooling fan over a liquid system, so I had to upgrade to a full sized tower. I'd love to hear recommendations/adjustments I can make to maybe bring the price down a bit without killing the quality.

* CARE2: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation
* CARE3: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System]
* CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* CD2: None
* CASE: * AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans
* CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-655K 3.20 GHz 4M Intel Smart Cache LGA 1156
* CS_FAN: Default case fans
* FAN: Xigmatek Dark Knight-S1283V Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Double layer H.D.T. technology for maximum cooling)
* FA_HDD: None
* FLOPPY: None
* FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* MONITOR: 22" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X226W 5ms (Viewable 21.5 inch) LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in D-Sub & DVI Input
* MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] EVGA P55 TR Intel P55V Chipset DDR3 Socket 1156 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, & 2 PCIe X1
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (A-Data Gaming Series with Heat Spreader )
* MODEM: None
* NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* NOISEREDUCE1: Power Supply Gasket
* NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts
* OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
* POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
* SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
* VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA])
* WNC: Zonet ZEW1642 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card

PS: Yes this is something that would be built for me, not something I am building alone. I have very little in the way for PC building experience, and I value the additions of a warranty etc.

* _PRICE: (+1380$)

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
The specs look just fine (except for the too-small monitor) but what bothers me (a-lot) is the complete lack of parts brands or model #s ... Some of those parts might be salvaged or refurbs or returns but you'll never know.

So long as you trust the builder to decide where and how (much) they will find their profits ... and that they will honor all ethics ... go for it.

I could not sleep wondering where the quality had been compromised at my expense.

If you MUST get a pre-built ... do go with a very major and very well reviewed corporation ... DELL/HP/Gateway, etc.

Your call ... I'm just yappin' ... Seems like trusting THEM not to short-change you is just naiive ... perhaps. ... clear conflict of interest.

= Al =

Is this a CyberPowerPC build? Which model did you choose?
I see a few things that might be overkill. AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower and maybe the 700W Power supply. More of each than you actually need. If you're not planning on overclocking the CPU (?) you don't actually need aftermarket cooling.

Cemmirri

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Yeah WR2, it sure is. Gamer Xtreme 4200 to be exact, with some changes. So it'd be ok to cut the Dark knight, and fancy case then in the interest of preserving my wallet if I'm not going to OC the machine? And thPower supply is actually the smallest option they have for that model/build.

The $40 difference in the i5 655K and 650 is that 655K has an unlocked multiplier which is useful for overclocking. Both run at 3.2Ghz and are otherwise identical.
Another reason the price is so close to the i5 750 quad core is the 6xx have a GPU(video chip) built right onto the CPU package. Which you're paying for...but not using since you have that GTX 460.

You can save another $40 by going with the i3 540 vs i5 650 ($80 to i5 655K). I don't think you'd notice the difference between the 3.06Ghz 540 and 3.2Ghz 650. The savings there is from the 540 not having the video chip on the CPU package.

Video chip on the left - CPU on the right.
clarkdaledie.jpg