Sign in with
Your question

What's the difference between these two cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 7, 2010 6:14:29 AM

and is it worth a price difference..

XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I ordered the less expensive one through NCIX, but it's currently backordered, and I'm wondering if I should get another similar card instead of waiting. the waiting's not a huuge deal as I have an older video card to use with my new system right now, but it's a bit of a bother.

I'm not planning on doing any crossfire or anything so don't worry bout that..

More about : difference cards

a c 169 U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 6:21:13 AM

I think your links are broken,when i click on them,they simply go to newegg.ca,not to any specific products
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 6:25:06 AM

Different revisions. Egg shaped cover compared to the original shroud, just look at the pic.

EDIT: Here's a link to a short little review with some temps and noise graphs, apparently you chose well.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3596
m
l
Related resources
a c 169 U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 6:42:02 AM

That's right^ aside from the fan shape,there is no difference in the specs.
m
l
June 7, 2010 6:45:27 AM

ah k.. so really just the cooler. and the cheaper one is better. damn.. was sort of looking for a reason to replace it in my order so i could get it faster! lol

and i dunno what's up with the links.. if you copy them and paste them into the address bar they go, but if you clock on it it redirects to the main page. guess newegg is pulling some weird redirection stuff but i don't really see why..
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 6:48:21 AM

Both links are now working fine
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 12:58:41 PM

I'll bet you can't voltage tweak the cheaper one.
The more expensive one is a reference card and can be overvolted.
m
l
June 7, 2010 3:21:44 PM

the links still don't work for me.. bizarre.

i'm not too worried about voltage tweaking so that shouldn't be an issue
now if only it would get back in stock!
m
l
!