Nvidia Monitor keeps going black

Old Gertie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Nvidia Monitor keeps going black. I used the Windows XP scan and a problem was corrected (driver). What else can I do? The monitor is getting pretty old, but I can't buy a new one at this time. Thanks
By the way, the Device Manager does not show any problems.

Old Gertie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have another computer in working order at this time, but I do have a different monitor which I can attach. I will try that. Meanwhile, if it's not the monitor, do you have any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks. Old Gertie

Old Gertie

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
NOTE: While I was away from the machine, it sort of crashed and was restored by Microsoft. They said it was the Display Adapter, Nvidia GeForce2 MX 100/200 (Microsoft Corporation). There are two driver files associated with it: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys and C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\nv4_disp.dll. They provided the error signatures, and if you want them, I'll be glad to provide them. The Adapter has been disabled to prevent damage to the hardware, but at least it works. Microsoft provided directions to obtain drivers, but nothing has worked yet. This monitor is 15 years old, or even older. Unfortunately, I can't afford a new one now. It's the old style with even the dimensions out of date. Any suggestions will still be appreciated. Thanks for your help. Old Gertie. P.S. If you need additional specs, let me know. I'm not sure what you need. It's a little difficult for me to put it all in perspective. Am learning from all the problems!

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
that is a very old card, very, very, old, but not as old as me, but drivers for that card are old style,do not attempt to use newer drivers with it, what Operating System are you using, Win Xp, Wiin ME
Drivers here:http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/43495
they are on the right side at the top