Sign in with
Your question

Need help getting new computer stable

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
September 14, 2010 7:59:59 AM

Hello,

I'm sure that I'm getting the random restarts, crashes, BSOD's, failed start-ups, and such from not having my BIOS set up properly with what I have in my new build. I'm in the process of researching on how I should approach the advanced section of BIOS and was also wondering if anyone has any advice to my problem in getting it to run stable. The only thing I could think of doing is to mess with the voltage settings and hope for the best.

-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
-ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
-CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

More about : computer stable

a b à CPUs
September 14, 2010 1:45:34 PM

Try the memory first. First make sure the memory voltage is set to the memories rated voltage in the bios. Try one stick at a time and if you can run stablely with one stick or the other than it is probably memory. Try them individualy in different slots to to rule out the MOBO, but chances are its just the memory, it is common to get a bad stick. [:bohleyk:1]
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
September 14, 2010 3:02:54 PM

Are you trying to overclock? Do the standard factory defaults run with stability?
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2010 8:11:48 PM

I guess I should of asked. Have you already tried to overclock or are you haveing problems at stock speeds.
m
l
!