Hard-drive storage question.

I have a few hard-drives that I want to store as I am not using them at the moment. Unfortunately, I do not have any anti-static bags. Will they be fine stacked on top of one another in a box with other loose PC components?
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drive storage question
  1. Hi there,

Probably not at risk just sitting in a box. Risk is when you've walked over your carpet to the component box, or in the winter when the humidity is low and picked up one of them when you are "charged" with static electricity.

You can buy a bunch of 3X5 or 6X10 bags for less than $5 on Amazon or at the local computer store.

So, why take any risk with important electronic parts when you don't have to - and besides, you can reuse them over and over.
    If you didn't keep the original anti-static bags the drives came in, then it's worth the few bucks.
  2. Got it. Any issue with storing more than one hard-drive in each bag?
  3. kmplsv said:
    Got it. Any issue with storing more than one hard-drive in each bag?

No, not really. I always put each one in a single bag and close it with scotch tape, because the bag does protect the PCB board, and on add in cards the connector gold tabs, from scratching ( metal of one HDD against the PCB board on the bottom of the other.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage Components