2x Asus 5770 can go for eyefinity

epl

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
hi pls help me, i got 2 x Asus 5770 , each graphic card got 3 connection 1)VGA (connect to monitor 22") , 2)DVI (connect to LCD TV monitor) 3) HDMI (no connect), i using crossfire. Can i use the 2nd Graphic card to connect another 22" monitor as eyefinity, or need which adaptor require. pls some advise thank a lot.

jacinclowe

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
no 2 cards will not do eyefinity from what i have heard and read
but if your looking for a cheap solution you can buy a VGA to DISPLAYPORT adaptor

which does not need to be active this of course will not 100% work all the time meaning that it may work in your case and it may not but people have found that it works.

here is one that should work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390191948309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

again this is not proven and supported by ATI but people have confirmed that it works

epl

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

thank for the advise, but my problem is this card dont have displayport connection , only have VGA , HDMI & DVI connection.

Try connecting them all on one card, and see if it works, nothing to lose.

I have never had someone able to try that, but the hardware configuration is sounds for 3 outpus (2 driven by TMDS and 1 driven by RAMDACs), but it could work. However in the initial documentation they only mention combinations with Display-Port involved in some way, not a card that has no DP connector. but that it's not mentioned in their documentation, doesn't mean it won't work (ala passive DP->VGA). Since it doesn't cost you anything, try it and see if you can fiddle with the control centre and make it work.
You would however connect all three to one card, and then use the second to simply Xfire the extra horsepower.

Dual cards will work for something like Flight Simulator X , but it's not using Eyefinity which runs off one card not two (unless there's been a recent driver update to drive 2 cards with separate sets of monitors).

Depends, as hard as it may be to believe, as he mentioned, there are ASUS versions that are exactly that;

http://www.asus.com/gallery.aspx?P_ID=opD29qj5VZCwetPI&Def_GID=3&KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=590&width=502

ASUS actually has 2 models of them (their latest with the good CU cooling) 512/1GB.

It would be easier if he mentioned model #, but there are a bunch out there that have no DP connector, and they were even mentioned in the launches that there would be that configuration although more expected to be on the HD5750 than the HD5770.