I’m a professional poker player. I’ve built computers in the past, but am a bit out of the loop now. I primarily want to use this computer for:
1) Playing multiple poker tables at the same time. I need a 27 inch + monitor (30 recommended) and might have my old 20 inch lcd connected too.
2) Recording that 27+ inch screen in Camtasia & then compressing it from a AVI to a smaller format.
3) Running Postgres to manage my poker hands.
4) Have multiple chat mediums open at the same time while sharing screens through Mikogo /TeamViewer & recording them too.
5) Have 1 tb of storage for videos.
6) It needs to have wireless capabilities.
7) I might use it to play a little StarCraft 2 too : )
I already have a mouse and keyboard… although I do need a new copy of Windows 7. I want to buy off newegg.
I was thinking of this:
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD TV Monitor 350.00
ASUS PCE-N13 PCI Express Wireless Adapter 27.00
SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card 140.00
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 100.00
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM 140.00
OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 120.00 (Jut for OS, a few applications & my postgres database)
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ... 90.00
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 75.00
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX 160.00
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard 110.00
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 52.00
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler 35.00
Price comes out to roughly 1400. I want to spend about 1500 on the comp w/ tax.
What do you guys think?
Is Windows 7 Professional recommended? Or should I go ultimate? Are the only differences the ones expressed on the popular chart on the back of the boxes?
Is this a a good desktop wireless card? Are there any non-newegg companies that have better cards?