ATi RaDEoN

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
hello,

I know that I am troubling you guys a lot but what else I can do, I have not received an exact answer wherever I asked this question, also this is my second quite similar post in this forum. I would be glad if anyone could tell me the exact difference between a H67 motherboard and a P67 motherboard. I am considering to buy an intel i7 2600K.

here is what I want,

a motherboard that has an integrated graphics on it, and the one which can also use the intel core i7 2600K graphics simultaneously. the i7 2600K graphics should not be disabled if we add a discrete graphics card. the motherboard should be an ATX form factor which supports nvidia SLI. I will never overclock the processor (don't say that get 2600 model), so I need a motherboard which has fussy overclocking spport. motherboard should fit in coolermaster HAF X and should run cool (no overclocking).

I don't know which one will best suite my needs, I am straightforward with my recommendations above. I don't know whether to buy a H67 or P67, but whatever it is, it should qualify my needs.

which is the best H67 motherboard for LGA1155?
if my needs are towards P67, then which is the best P67 motherboard for LGA1155?

regards,
Prakhar Tripathi

I would go with the gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 for $132.99 shipped at newegg. It has crossfire support with onboard video ports and dual bios. On my gigabyte board, when the main bios has a problem, the backup bios kicks in automatically, a great feature.

ATi RaDEoN

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010

yeah, i heard about that board but what is exactly the difference between a H67 and a P67 motherboard?

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

A P67 CPU can be overclocked if the CPU has the "k" designation.
A P67 does not have onboard graphics.
A H67 CPU can not be overclocked no matter what 1155 CPU you put in it.
A H67 has onboard graphics.