Crossfire, will it fit?

Yes, it will, since your card is only take up 2 slots then the 2nd card will fit just fine...
The slot that you can't use is PCI slot... :)
7 answers Last reply
More about crossfire
  1. I was just looking at my computer and I realized that there wasn't very much space for crossfire.
    I've already got one 5850:
    and this is my board
    The card takes up two slots, and the PCI 2.0 x16 slots only have one slot between them, will it be possible to use crossfire?
  2. That's what I thought, it's just that looking at it, it seemed like it would incredibly tight, and there were a few things sticking out of the bottom of the the mobo. I was also worried that the cooling wouldn't be effective, since there wouldn't be anywhere for the air to go.
  3. Yes, you're right, it will be a little bit tricky, dual cards setup will increase the heat significantly...
  4. My case does have a fan right next to the gpu's though, so it may work. Of course, even 1 5850 is pretty good, so I'm hardly going to suffer from lacking graphics.
  5. A single HD5850 is just still a monster... Unless you play with 3 monitors or more, no need to CF it with another HD5850... :)
  6. Put the second card in the 3rd PCI-E lane (White) its still 8x which is good enough for a HD5850, this way your cards will have much more space between them.
  7. That won't work because the third slot is pretty low, so the card would hit my psu
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PCI Crossfire Graphics Product