Sign in with
Your question

How to wire up the GeForce GTX 275 to a PSU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 7, 2010 6:19:05 PM

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble trying to wire up my new video card, GeForce GTX 275, to my PSU. The PSU is a RAIDMAX HYBRID which provides 730 wat of power but I am stuck sense my new video card actual has two 6 pin slots of power and I only ever dealt with 1 which was my 8800 GTS. Now I have for a wile just daisy chained the power supply off of the peripherals plug useing the two 6 pin adapters that the Graphics card came with but when I play a graphic intese game my monitors go out and my system stuters but if I swap out the graphics card with my GTS 8800 nothing is wrong...

This leads me to belive I wired up my GTX 275 wrong so some help would rock. Here is the specs of the hardware I am trying to wire up with some links to pictures:

Graphics Card
HTML: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
System Requirements: Minimum of a 550 Watt power supply
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 40 Amps.)
Power Connector: 2 x 6 Pin
(There is more info on the link and a picture of the two 6 pin power connectors as well as the cables it comes with)

PSU
HTML: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply
Maximum Power: 730W
Connectors: 1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 12V(P4)
6 x peripheral
4 x SATA
2 x Floppy
2 x PCI-E

Now I could either be setting this up wrong or I could be messing up if any one can guide me on how to wire this up correctly that would be great because every thing I am seeing tells me either the graphics card is defective or if I am trying to daisy chain everything off of one lead for the peripherals plug aka the fans and using the same chain for my PSU I think that's the problem.

Thank you for your time.
a c 189 U Graphics card
June 7, 2010 7:13:14 PM

Your card need 2x 6pin power connector and your PSU has 2x 6pin power connector, so just put them on your card...
Your PSU should be able to handle that card.
About stuttering, did it happened on every games? did you update it with the latest driver?
June 7, 2010 8:03:50 PM

aye the games that are intensive like warhammer 40k 2 x-pac when I run the video test bamn its down. Now I played around with the cables and when re looking up the site with the power cabled that came along I found that the red PCI cabled has two male 6-pin inserts and one femail 6 pin on the end I hooked that into the PCU and the graphics card and its running fine now....

I kind of feel that this is a stupid poast now that I tried it out but hey something got the ball rolling so I will keep it for other people in the future.
a c 189 U Graphics card
June 8, 2010 2:30:16 AM

okay, glad to hear that... :) 
!