PROBLEM!! Finished Install, Win 7 doesn't see 2nd HDD

toofly

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Ok, I've got a question for anyone out there that has an answer...

This is my 6th build in less than a year, a $1500 i5 gaming/HTPC for my living room.

My Gear in this build:
CM Cosmos 1000 Case
Corsair 750 Modular PSW
Asus P7P55D-E PRO MoBo
OCZ SSD2-2AGTE 60GB SSD
1T WD 7K 64M SATA 6Gb/s HDD
CORE I5 750 2.66Ghz
EVGA GTX275 Video Card
6GB OCZ DDR3 1600
WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT
SCYTHE| SCMG-2100 Heat sink
HT| OMEGA | STRIKER 7.1 Sound Card
LiteOn Blu-Ray Reader/DVD

The only previously used parts are the Blu-ray player, Graphics Card, and Memory… All of which are working perfectly.

Now to my problem... Win 7 installed on my Solid State Disk no problem... from power on to Desktop takes 10 seconds... just FYI. When tinkering in my BIOS I don't see either of my two 6GB/s sata ports listed with the other sata ports, but I can see the drive names in my BIOS Boot menu.

Anyways, Just after clearing POST, it lists my harddrives...

1) OCZ 60GB SSD
2) WD 1TB
blah blah blah...

But once Win 7 loads and I go to My Computer, it doesn't show my 1TB WD drive!!!!
WTF?

I tried DL a SATA and IDE driver from ASUS' website for my MoBo, but no luck.

My next guess is to take the HDD to a new computer, see if I can detect it, format it, and then hook it up in the i5 machine...

Any other suggestions?

toofly

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

Lol, if only I got your answer last night... I don't know how many times I reinstalled the OS on both of my drives... After I had win 7 installed on the 1TB drive, and then reinstalled win 7 on the SSD, Windows FINALLY saw the HDD in My Computer... So it's currently reformatting as we speak. Hopefully this will do the trick. But at least if this format doesn't work, I now know how to see the HDD via Disk Management. =)

Thanks a ton!

toofly

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

=)
Thanks for trying though. It is technically the right answer, shame I can't give both of you the "best Answer".