Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhero92

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I plan on getting these

MSI H57M-ED65 MOTHERBOARD
Intel Core i5 760 PROCESSOR (maybe overlocked)

ATI RADEON 5770 1 GB GRAPHICS CARD
6 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
500 GB SATA II 7200 RPM HDD

Whats a recommended Power requirement?

I used several PSU calculators online but they all gave me various different totals.

Solution
Here are the ATI recommended power supply requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 video cards:

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended

600 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system..

Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA). Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One...
Here are the ATI recommended power supply requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 video cards:

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended

600 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system..

Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA). Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the newer Antec models.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.