Speedfan reading problem?

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
When i run SpeedFan I am getting temputer of GPU: 59C, System 42C, CPU 70C and AUX -20C. Why is the AUX reading at -20C and not the whole system reading around the same temputer?

Lutfij

Titan
The temps would either show you run a mATX case with your parts, OC'd them or just have bad airflow...not just your CPU but all your temps are high.

My xfx Ati 4850 idles 46-48°C and thas in my Thermaltake Armor Jr. on a hot day. So cause for concern... And i've got to know speedfans have some glitcy readouts. Rule out errors by using another software - RM clock utility is free and lite/useful for CPU another is Hardware monitor but it didnt work on my bro's rig

and if the above we're to be true, the pins on your AUX are the only things cool :D

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
I am running all fans but the cpu fan and heat sink is not stock. So of the fans runs leds but theres a button on my case that turns it off. The reason that I left the led lights off is because they are not bright enough to light up the inside of the case.

Lutfij

Titan
* ^ dya means "do you"...but pronounced fast and thus spelled 'dya'

have you tried the Right Mark CPU clock utility? LED's opnly generate heat, theres no need for concern with the LED although it would be good to know the fans CFM, since a high CFM fan will get better airflow in your PC case

Oh and the 3.73GHz ...so you've overclocked it right? Whats your aftermarket cooler on your CPU?

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
No I have not overclocked the cpu. The cpu model is Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition 965 (4M Cache, 3.73 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB). The normal clock speed for the processor is 3.73GHz. The aftermarket cooler is Cooler Master Hyper N520

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

Do you have thermalpaste on it? Although even if you didn't idle CPU temp should not be 70c.

I would say replace that heatsink with the stock first see what happens. Do you have a rear fan as well? Because typically when you have a heatsink like that where it uses a flat fan that faces the exhaust, having a rear fan in addition will cause countercurrents. I remember buying something similar for my core 2 duo thinking it would be better than the stockfan. Not only wasn't it better, but my idle temps went from 32c to 45c. So scrapped it and bought thermaltake's cpu fan and now I have idles of 30c.

Don't be too concerned about GPU. They run that hot idle since the fans mainly disabled. My 9600 gt idle without fan is around 55c, with 100% fan manual setting its 50c idle, with manufactuer saying it can get as hot as 90c on full load.

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
The cpu didnt came with a stock fan. I might have the airtakes in direction. I need to find the path of the airflow to see what is casuing the problem. Think blowing some smoke in the intake fan will be fine?

Lutfij

Titan
lol, dont do that scientific test...just look at the labels on your case fan...heres a simple way to find out which way the fans blowing.

We usually judge this as the back of the fan

while this is the front of the fan.

So, the air is made to blow from the front of the fan to the back. This should help you find out, which fans are exhaust/intake in your PC. BTW if the pics are a lil hard to understand, the part that holds the motor in place is the back