What Games Can My Laptop Support? [Intel 915GM]

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
PS: Bit of a far stretch, but do you think Call of Duty 2 would be playable on the 915GM? If so, that would be even better, but I personally doubt it seen as CoDMW etc is bassed of the same CoD2 engine.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, we will be taking a long trip abroad with the family by vehicle and I KNOW I would be board out of my mind along the way (would probably take a good 3-5 days) my idea was to see what games I could get onto my laptop that would be playable.

Currently, I got the following games installed flawlessly:

1) Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings
2) Empire Earth
3) Unreal Tournament + Expansion

I wanted to get a list of games that are playable on the 915GM, I know not many, but the games that I've installed I have already played, and I would most probably get board pretty easy with them...

I was wondering... Is it possible to get Call of Duty 1 and Need For Speed Underground onto this laptop?... They are on sale, brand new in PC World for only 99p each!!! I wouldn't mind going out and buying them before someone else snatches them up. Anyways, the laptops specs are:

CPU: Pentium M 760 2.0Ghz 2MB Cache 400FSB
RAM: 1GB DDR2 533Mhz Dual Channel
GPU: Intel 915GM
HDD: 80GB 5,400
OSS: XP Home SP2.

Thanks!

313obva.jpg

Intel mobile graphics? You wont be able to run any game released in the last 3 or 4 years at anything above 1024x768 and minimal detail level. Intel Graphics are the worst you can get, your chipset has the GMA 900. Its second from the bottom on the intel side on the hierarchy chart.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2646-7.html

If you have played on a recent system lately you will likely be quite disappointed.

You definitely won't be able to play COD2 (which was released on the XBOX360 iirc, so it requires at least an entry dedicated GPU).

You can play AOE2 and Unreal without too much trouble. Not sure about COD1 though.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

I know this already, thats why I asked what games are compatible, seen as I haven't played games in years (apart from MW.) I don't mind if its an old game, so long as it's good. (like CoD1 for example.)

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Aww, I see. I knew CoD2 was a far stretch anyway. I know AOE2 and UT works fine, seen as I just played them at decent res, settings. I was just wondering what other games there where that I could get before leaving to go abroad, as I've whored these games out to the max in the past out of sheer boardom, and I don't want to do that all over again.

Any ideas where I could find more info on CoD1 and NFSU1? Or even a list of games this chip supports? A list USED to be around on the intel site, but its gone now.

Edit: What about UT2004? etc? You know, things like that. I remember playing UT2004 on my computer in my sig, but without the GPU, useing onboard graphics, which I belive to be the 915... or it could have been the 945 or something like that. Anyways, again, all I'm after is a rough list of what games are "playable" and that are good enough to want to play to begin with. (not latest realese as I know they won't work.)

Rise of Nations Gold Edition
Rise of Nations Rise of Legends
Age of Empires 3 (try demo first)

WoW (on low settings)

Any DX8 and some low demand DX9 titles while low demanding openGL titles may work as well...

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Is there anyway to pull a list of all DX8 games? Also, was CoD1 DX8? How about NFSU1?

Thanks!

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
OMG! I just installed Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helux onto the laptop AND IT WORKS! That game was WAY advanced of its time, I could easily agree that the graphics card better then MW's!

Damn, I feel so good! And the multiplayer?!! Aww, I miss that so bad and its still on! full servers and what not. I feel happy :)

I am not sure but there might be a wiki list of DX8 games out there. You can try Glide emulation for older late 90s games like the original Quake series.

shawn8797224

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
hey god father i have the same laptop has u!! and i have multiple games on it like ,need for speed most wanted,need for speed underground 2,gta san andreas,gta vice city,flatout 2,fifa 10,pro evolution soccer,ship simulator 2006,2008,dragon ball z mugen!!!yea so that's wat's on my laptop now with the same graphic card.

shawn8797224

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
oh sorry i ment pro evolution soccer 2010!!and by the way u have 2.0ghz and i have 1.70 and paly those games so that means u can play way better games tan i