Chance06

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I asked yesterday the best system i could get for under $1500, but i decided i just shouldn't spend that much money on new pc when a cheaper one would work. So here is my new scenario i would love some help with.

1) FFXIV is the game i want to play and here are its minimum reqs.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 2900 512MB and DirectX 9
Memory: 2GB of RAM

2) so what i am looking now is a system that will allow me to run this efficiently but not be so overboard and unncessary for those needs, BUT i would like the system to have to capabilities to upgrade RAM and Video card, and maybe harddrive if needed later when those become neccasary to run games.

So here are MY parameters. I am looking to only spend between $700-$750 on pc. I will be using my 42inch 1080p tv as my monitor so graphics card will need HDMI on it. I am willing to build a pc as well if told the actual parts i would need to buy from say NewEgg. System can be held of purchasing/build until about Sept 15, so i can get it in time for FFXIV to come out if that effects anything.

CoolMoose

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Double posting asside, what you probably want is something along these lines...

Phenom x4 955
HD 5850
Decent motherboard with an AM3 socket Probably Asus or Gigabyte
4GB G. Skill RAM make sure its DDR3
Haf922 is always a good case
Western Digital Hard Drive 500GB should suffice

All that, in some nifty combos should be within your price limit. If over a bit you could go for the 5770, probably $100 cheaper than the 5850. Hope this helps, sorry I dont have time for the newegg site links :(