lloyd

I got a computer for free but the whole thing is in Japanese! How do I change
it to English? it is running XP Pro.

Install English software, including an English version of Windows. Some
bargain, huh?

Modem Ani

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got a computer for free but the whole thing is in Japanese! How do I
>change
> it to English? it is running XP Pro.

lloyd

There is an English language package on the PC, I checked under the language
settings. But It will not let me change the default language to English.

"Modem Ani" wrote:

> Install English software, including an English version of Windows. Some
> bargain, huh?
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I got a computer for free but the whole thing is in Japanese! How do I
> >change
> > it to English? it is running XP Pro.

That only changes Regional Settings and not the language of Windows.
If you need Windows in English, you need to buy Windows in English.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

> There is an English language package on the PC, I checked under the
> language
> settings. But It will not let me change the default language to English.

lloyd

Can I use a legit English Version To simply repair the issue or is a clean
install required?

Lloyd wrote:
> I got a computer for free but the whole thing is in Japanese! How do I change
> it to English? it is running XP Pro.

You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: