trouble with Kodak CX 7530

I'm using win xp and easyshare 4.0.2.134

transfer wasn't initiating like it should. sometimes it would recognize
camera, sonetimes it wouldn't.
I now have bigger problems. In trying to get the tfr going last night,
turning camera on and off a lot, I turned it on at one point last night and
it won't power up properly now. removed batteries, replaced
batteries....didn't help

When I turn it on now, the light flashes red for 10 secs and then camera
turns itself off!!

I'm kind of worried b/c I won this camera and, as such, have no proof of
purchase.

....Lisa
10 answers Last reply
More about trouble kodak 7530

    "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in

    > I'm using win xp and easyshare 4.0.2.134
    >
    > transfer wasn't initiating like it should. sometimes it would
    > recognize camera, sonetimes it wouldn't.
    > I now have bigger problems. In trying to get the tfr going last
    > night, turning camera on and off a lot, I turned it on at one point
    > last night and it won't power up properly now. removed batteries,
    > replaced batteries....didn't help
    >
    > When I turn it on now, the light flashes red for 10 secs and then
    > camera turns itself off!!
    >
    > I'm kind of worried b/c I won this camera and, as such, have no proof
    > of purchase.
    >
    > ...Lisa

    Lisa I can't help you but if you ask for Ron Baird here in this NG or
    at; "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
    I'm sure he will be able to help you.

    GJP

    I'll keep Ron's email in mind. Tfr seems ok now.
    Not sure what I was doing wrong last night
    Turns out the batteries needed replacing!! After less than 12 hours and 20
    pics!!

    ....Lisa

    "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > I'll keep Ron's email in mind. Tfr seems ok now.
    > Not sure what I was doing wrong last night
    > Turns out the batteries needed replacing!! After less than 12 hours and
    20
    > pics!!

    Digital cameras swallow battery juice in huge gulps.

    I recommend that you buy a set of NiMH rechargeable batteries and
    a charger. The batteries will last much, much longer than alkaline,
    and they can be recharged hundreds of times.

    Alan

    Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > I'll keep Ron's email in mind. Tfr seems ok now.
    > Not sure what I was doing wrong last night
    > Turns out the batteries needed replacing!! After less than 12 hours and 20
    > pics!!
    >
    > ...Lisa
    >
    > <GJP> wrote in message news:Xns95C676F51BB81GJP@216.168.3.44...
    >
    >>"Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in
    >>

    >>>I'm using win xp and easyshare 4.0.2.134
    >>>
    >>>transfer wasn't initiating like it should. sometimes it would
    >>>recognize camera, sonetimes it wouldn't.
    >>>I now have bigger problems. In trying to get the tfr going last
    >>>night, turning camera on and off a lot, I turned it on at one point
    >>>last night and it won't power up properly now. removed batteries,
    >>>replaced batteries....didn't help
    >>>
    >>>When I turn it on now, the light flashes red for 10 secs and then
    >>>camera turns itself off!!
    >>>
    >>>I'm kind of worried b/c I won this camera and, as such, have no proof
    >>>of purchase.
    >>>
    >>>...Lisa
    >>>

    >>Lisa I can't help you but if you ask for Ron Baird here in this NG or
    >>at; "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
    >>I'm sure he will be able to help you.
    >>
    >>GJP

    I take it you are using alkaline batteries. This is a BAD IDEA. Buy
    some NIMH batteries and a charger. That is, of course, if the camera
    uses AA batteries.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Thanks!!

    I have NiMH already, the ones that ran out so quickly were the Kodak
    alkalines that came with the camera.
    I'll be using those and have a fresh set always ready.

    ....Lisa

    Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > I have NiMH already, the ones that ran out so quickly were the Kodak
    > alkalines that came with the camera.
    > I'll be using those and have a fresh set always ready.
    >
    > ...Lisa
    >
    > "Ron Hunter" <rphunter@charter.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'll keep Ron's email in mind. Tfr seems ok now.
    >>>Not sure what I was doing wrong last night
    >>>Turns out the batteries needed replacing!! After less than 12 hours and
    >
    > 20
    >
    >>>pics!!
    >>>
    >>>...Lisa

    >>I take it you are using alkaline batteries. This is a BAD IDEA. Buy
    >>some NIMH batteries and a charger. That is, of course, if the camera
    >>uses AA batteries.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    DON'T use the alkalines. They will cost a LOT more than the NIMH
    batteries, and will give very poor service.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    I'll be sticking with NiMH soleley from now on.

    ....Lisa

    > Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > > Thanks!!
    > >
    > > I have NiMH already, the ones that ran out so quickly were the Kodak
    > > alkalines that came with the camera.
    > > I'll be using those and have a fresh set always ready.
    > >
    > > ...Lisa
    > >
    > > "Ron Hunter" <rphunter@charter.net> wrote in message

    > > 20

    > >>I take it you are using alkaline batteries. This is a BAD IDEA. Buy
    > >>some NIMH batteries and a charger. That is, of course, if the camera
    > >>uses AA batteries.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
    > >

    > DON'T use the alkalines. They will cost a LOT more than the NIMH
    > batteries, and will give very poor service.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Glad to hear you worked things out.(G)

    Lisa Hetherington wrote:
    > I'll be sticking with NiMH soleley from now on.
    >
    > ...Lisa

    Goo thinking! You will save money and get better battery life as well.
    Win-win situation.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Hi Lisa,

    Sorry to hear about your dilemma.

    Tell me all the details of your experience and send me your personal
    information directly so I can review and get you the help you need. What
    model, where you got it, was it new when you got it, did you register it,
    and exactly what is happening. Did you try new batteries in the camera not
    just the ones you had in place at the time. If rechargeables, and you did
    not successfully charge the battery you may be running out of power.

    I am on vacation next week, Lisa, but will be logging on here periodically
    to keep things up to date. I will look for your information if I do not get
    an email from you today.

    Talk to you soon, Lisa,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    :

    > > I'm using win xp and easyshare 4.0.2.134
    > >
    > > transfer wasn't initiating like it should. sometimes it would
    > > recognize camera, sonetimes it wouldn't.
    > > I now have bigger problems. In trying to get the tfr going last
    > > night, turning camera on and off a lot, I turned it on at one point
    > > last night and it won't power up properly now. removed batteries,
    > > replaced batteries....didn't help
    > >
    > > When I turn it on now, the light flashes red for 10 secs and then
    > > camera turns itself off!!

Cameras