Your question

Need Help: BSOD with new build

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Blue Screen
  • New Build
Last response: in Motherboards
April 25, 2011 12:26:41 PM

Hi all. I wouldn't post unless I was truly stumped.

I recently upgraded my rig with an i5 2500k, ASROck P67 Extreme4 mobo, and DDR3-1600 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws (9-9-9-24).

Reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit and everything was working smoothly. 2 days ago I started getting random BSODs when I started the computer. I would get past the "Starting Windows" splash screen and I would see my desktop for about a half a second, then bam - BSOD. Here is a screeny of all the BSODs I've had:

I don't know whether it's the RAM, Mobo, or CPU, but I gotta think it's one of them as my rig was completely stable before the upgrade.

I did run memtest for about 2 hours and had no errors, so I don't think it's the RAM.

Any advice?

Thanks!

More about : bsod build

a b V Motherboard
April 25, 2011 2:25:05 PM

You did not mention the most important part of your new build, the PSU. What are you running? Did you try reseating everything on the board? What memory configuration, 2 or 4 sticks? Try with only half the memory and see if you still get the same error.
m
l
April 25, 2011 2:52:54 PM

jitpublisher said:
You did not mention the most important part of your new build, the PSU. What are you running? Did you try reseating everything on the board? What memory configuration, 2 or 4 sticks? Try with only half the memory and see if you still get the same error.

i doubt it's the PSU. everything is the same except for the CPU/MOBO/RAM. if the PSU was faulty, my computer would have given me these errors before I upgraded, no?

the PSU is a OCZ 700w that has never given me problems.

i'll try with half the RAM tonight, but like i said - it passed memtest no problem.

the other problem is that the BSOD doesn't happen every time i boot up, so it's hard to troubleshoot (i might think the problem is fixed only to have it BSOD later).

Is there any way to parse the error codes to narrow down the problem?
m
l
!