fasihxkhatib

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I cannot make up my mind between Seagate Momentus 2.5" or WD Scorpion Black both in 500GB
If I am not wrong Momentus as free fall protection while Scorpion Black does not.
If you know somethin that is better than this then please recommend. ASAP :)

dingo07

Distinguished
well, this was more than 7 years ago... games like not being able to read to the drive for some period of time, or it not being seen by the OS anymore, glitches in general

i stopped using seagate then - but that's just me, a drop in the ocean

dingo07

Distinguished

none of that matters to me - the HD is in my desktop sitting on a tile floor that never moves - except for spring cleaning

if it was in a dual-bay laptop that i traveled all over the world with, and banged every now and then - I MIGHT factor in that spec

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

That is quite old mate.
It doesn't happen now

@Get any of them. Not much of a difference

want to hear a biased reply....... opposite others....... i dislike WD. after buying them for many years I had 5 of them all go bad in a year and a half. switched to samsung, never had problems again. seagate now owns samsung drives i believe.

don't buy a 5400rpm drive. 7200 or better. just got done working on a 5400. what a turd.

on a different standpoint. read the reviews. all those people can't be wrong. some are zealots. you will have this. look for warranty and whatever else turns your fancy. I've kinda been buying the smaller lighter drives as of late. no problems with any so far.

Niavlys77

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I've had great experience with WD in the past, and not-so-good experience with Seagate. But everybody has these kinds of runs of good/bad luck. Either drive will be fine for you.

If it were my decision though, I'd go for the WD Black (for previously-mentioned reasons).