changing to lower resolutions

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
November 8, 2004 2:21:44 PM

Hi everyone,
I have got a new DELL inspiron 8600 laptop recently. I have a
pretty good resolution on it. But when i have tried reducing the
resolution to lower level, the screen area is reduced. Is there anyway
i can make the screen area to occupy the complete LCD screen even for
the lower resolutions?

Thnks.
vijay.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 8, 2004 4:28:09 PM

Vijay wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have got a new DELL inspiron 8600 laptop recently. I have a
> pretty good resolution on it. But when i have tried reducing the
> resolution to lower level, the screen area is reduced. Is there anyway
> i can make the screen area to occupy the complete LCD screen even for
> the lower resolutions?
>
> Thnks.
> vijay.

Either in the advanced properties for the video adapter or in BIOS
setup, there might be a setting for "screen expansion". Not all newer
notebooks have this setting since anything other than the default
resolution, when expanded, provides a pixelated, fuzzy, seemingly out of
focus display.