Sign in with
Your question

LCD Monitor problem Please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2010 9:02:08 AM

Hi everyone :hello: 
My lcd monitor comes on for a second then turns black (off) but the green light is still on. so i unplug the power cable then plug it in again and it does the same thing :( 
Please any advice whatsoever will be appreciated :sweat: 

More about : lcd monitor problem

June 8, 2010 10:49:56 AM

do you have a second monitor to check your vid output, or a second computer to check this monitor with, even if it's a laptop( providing your monitor has VGA input)
m
l
June 8, 2010 12:50:16 PM

sirillia said:
Hi everyone :hello: 
My lcd monitor comes on for a second then turns black (off) but the green light is still on. so i unplug the power cable then plug it in again and it does the same thing :( 
Please any advice whatsoever will be appreciated :sweat: 

It looks like your monitor goes on power saving mode because there is no video signal coming in.
First, check if the cable is properly connected to the video output port of the PC.
If it is, please tell us whether the monitor display anything before or you have a new PC build.

m
l
Related resources
June 11, 2010 10:50:17 AM

randomkid said:
It looks like your monitor goes on power saving mode because there is no video signal coming in.
First, check if the cable is properly connected to the video output port of the PC.
If it is, please tell us whether the monitor display anything before or you have a new PC build.

Hi i have 2 lcd's and only the one works 100%...
The one im having a problem with displays the picture for split second then switches off :( 
m
l
June 11, 2010 10:54:27 AM

OK, so it's the monitor, how old is it, warranty? or just get a new one
m
l
June 11, 2010 11:51:02 AM

sirillia said:
Hi i have 2 lcd's and only the one works 100%...
The one im having a problem with displays the picture for split second then switches off :( 

Do you mean you connect both your monitor in the same pc through different display port hoping to get dual display? If yes, then you have to set your display properties to "extended desktop".

m
l
June 11, 2010 8:02:28 PM

randomkid said:
Do you mean you connect both your monitor in the same pc through different display port hoping to get dual display? If yes, then you have to set your display properties to "extended desktop".

I only connect 1 at a time now...i know how to use the dual display etc
m
l
June 11, 2010 8:03:14 PM

number13 said:
OK, so it's the monitor, how old is it, warranty? or just get a new one

Not sure of age but its not new
m
l
June 12, 2010 12:53:27 PM

sorry, but we, like the hardware, can only be sure that we'll all die eventually
m
l
June 12, 2010 1:39:11 PM

number13 said:
sorry, but we, like the hardware, can only be sure that we'll all die eventually

yes very true...i just thought it was maybe a minor repairable thing.. i dont think it is too old though lol

m
l
June 12, 2010 2:01:23 PM

the newer LCD's are pretty good, those about 2 years old and older, some mfg's cut corners on cheap intenal controller, and quality is questionable, I am in China, I can take it to a electronics repair place and get stuff fixed that could never have been done in the States
m
l
June 13, 2010 4:15:09 AM

Sounds like the backlight or inverter are going. If you shine a bright light on the screen after it goes out, do you see a faint image of the screen? If so it's the backlight. do a search for backlight problem for more info.
m
l
June 18, 2010 9:11:48 AM

fa28 said:
Sounds like the backlight or inverter are going. If you shine a bright light on the screen after it goes out, do you see a faint image of the screen? If so it's the backlight. do a search for backlight problem for more info.

I shone the light on the screen and its just blank...If i put the power switch on the monitor off, then on it does not show the picture quickly as if i had to unplug it and then plug it back in.. :cry: 
m
l
June 23, 2010 6:01:15 PM

Take it to your local tv shop and have it fixed by a pro.
m
l
!