LCD Monitor problem Please help :)

sirillia

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Hi everyone :hello:
My lcd monitor comes on for a second then turns black (off) but the green light is still on. so i unplug the power cable then plug it in again and it does the same thing :(
Please any advice whatsoever will be appreciated :sweat:

randomkid

Distinguished

It looks like your monitor goes on power saving mode because there is no video signal coming in.
First, check if the cable is properly connected to the video output port of the PC.
If it is, please tell us whether the monitor display anything before or you have a new PC build.

sirillia

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

Hi i have 2 lcd's and only the one works 100%...
The one im having a problem with displays the picture for split second then switches off :(

randomkid

Distinguished

Do you mean you connect both your monitor in the same pc through different display port hoping to get dual display? If yes, then you have to set your display properties to "extended desktop".

sirillia

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

I only connect 1 at a time now...i know how to use the dual display etc

sirillia

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

yes very true...i just thought it was maybe a minor repairable thing.. i dont think it is too old though lol

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
the newer LCD's are pretty good, those about 2 years old and older, some mfg's cut corners on cheap intenal controller, and quality is questionable, I am in China, I can take it to a electronics repair place and get stuff fixed that could never have been done in the States

fa28

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Sounds like the backlight or inverter are going. If you shine a bright light on the screen after it goes out, do you see a faint image of the screen? If so it's the backlight. do a search for backlight problem for more info.

sirillia

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

I shone the light on the screen and its just blank...If i put the power switch on the monitor off, then on it does not show the picture quickly as if i had to unplug it and then plug it back in.. :cry: