My CPU multiplier and ram frequencies are going CRAZY.

Hi guys, Today I just installed a new motherboard because the other one collapsed. I noticed that my windows experience index went down with my RAM AND CPU from 6,3 and 6,4 to 5,7 and 5,7. I checked with CPU-Z and seems that my multiplier keeps going from x6 to x11... I'm updating the BIOs now to see if this works... My new motherboard is a BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE. here are my specs:

Intel C2D E7500 @ 2.93 GHz / Sapphire HD 5770 1 GB GDDR5 /
Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 PC-6400 / Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII /
Antec TruePower Trio 550w SLI Ready / AOC 17'' 716Sw / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
6 answers Last reply
More about multiplier frequencies crazy
  1. Update: I just disables intel Speedstep, now the core speed doesn't goes lower than 2.6 Ghz. Still is quite low and i would like a sturdy 2.93 Ghz as it used to be, any suggestions? The BIOS update fixed the RAM thing.
  2. does it hit 2.93 when loaded? if it does then leave it alone
  3. Unless you replaced with exact same MoBo, you wiped the Hard Drive (at least the OS partition) and reinstalled Windoze right ?
  4. I just mounted the new one, plugged everything again and that's it. It hits 2.92 Ghz with intel burn test... Not bad... Also, I have a doubt... Why is JEDEC #1 different from JEDEC #2 in CPU-Z?

5. Sometimes that works, and sometimes you need to reinstall Windows.

The JEDEC profiles are different because the the timings are speed sensitive. The first one is DDR2-533 speeds. The second is for DDR2-800 speeds. The BIOS is supposed to automatically select one based on FSB speeds.
  6. Turn speed step back on

Its meant to slow the processor and save heat and power unless its needed
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards