Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is blueberry 400W psu good for radeon hd 5750?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 8, 2010 10:08:23 AM

I am looking to replace my Radeon hd 4670 with hd 5750 which is about 100% faster and consumes about 25W more power. Is my 400W blueberry enough?

PSU specs are:

DC Output MAX
+5V +3.3V +12V -5V 12V +5VSB
30.0A 20.0A 17.0A 0.5A 0.8A 2.0A

Oh, and it have 3 X 4 pin molex connectors free!
June 8, 2010 10:56:11 AM

should be OK, but really I would advise a 500W PSU to be sure, if vid cards are low on power not only does it affect their performance, but it'll kill the memory modules
June 8, 2010 1:39:01 PM

Quote:
Blueberry.....? :cry: 


Well, I know that blueberry is not some famous brand but I think its better than totaly noname brand like: Rex power, Frontier or Zito!!!

www.blueberry-eu.com
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
June 8, 2010 4:28:26 PM

Well, only 17 A on 12V rail, i'm not sure...
I guess it could handle HD5750 just fine, how much did you spend for this PSU?
a c 194 U Graphics card
June 8, 2010 4:35:37 PM

17A on the 12V rails is only 204W, thats tiny. What else are you running in the system?

The PSU calculator recommends 153Ws with just a 5770, no processor, no ram, considering 80% of a modern systems power is now drawn off the 12V rail(all of the CPU and GPU power is) it will be quite close.
June 8, 2010 4:46:14 PM

the 5750 is a extremely efficient card.... i think it should be ok... but you have to told us the rest of your system...or not?? if you have a modern quad core or i5, i7.... it wont... thats my opinion!
June 8, 2010 4:53:47 PM

Like I had said"should be OK", but Blueberry is not a name brand, and the specs he is quoting are coming off the side of the PSU, but how do we know how efficient it is, CMA/CYA get a larger PSU, ultimately it is his decision(well his and his wallet)
June 10, 2010 10:28:29 AM

andylp4ever said:
the 5750 is a extremely efficient card.... i think it should be ok... but you have to told us the rest of your system...or not?? if you have a modern quad core or i5, i7.... it wont... thats my opinion!



Rest of my system is:

Amd Athlon x2 5000+ 2.6ghz dual core (65 Watt)
Asus M2N-XE mobo (? Watt)
2x1 Gb kingston 800Mhz (? Watt)
320 Gb WD 7200rpm SATA HDD (? Watt)
LG DVD-RW 22x PATA (? Watt)
Radeon hd 4670 512 DDR3 (60 Watt)

(which I want to replace with hd 5750 (85W))


I dont think that those 25W whould be a problem for my psu, but need to be certan!!!
June 10, 2010 10:30:40 AM

wa1 said:
Well, only 17 A on 12V rail, i'm not sure...
I guess it could handle HD5750 just fine, how much did you spend for this PSU?


Spent about 13-14 euros!
June 10, 2010 10:45:47 AM

cheap PSU but the card only draws 75w full load(at most, maybe), so he should be OK, the rest of the computer, on the high side 10W each for the HDD and DVD, MB and Mem maybe 120W, give or take a little
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-saving-guide,...
I think what we are all doing is trying to cover for a PSU that is not a standard unit, no power eff. rating and CLAIMS to be 400W, but I still think there's enough headroom and he'll be OK, but we would all feel better if it was a little bit bigger
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2010 10:46:19 AM

i7 + 5970 only eats about 375W at load.
June 10, 2010 11:01:47 AM

and that means what to a AMD Ax64 X2 5000+
June 16, 2010 12:44:23 PM

markontije82 said:
I am looking to replace my Radeon hd 4670 with hd 5750 which is about 100% faster and consumes about 25W more power. Is my 400W blueberry enough?

PSU specs are:

DC Output MAX
+5V +3.3V +12V -5V 12V +5VSB
30.0A 20.0A 17.0A 0.5A 0.8A 2.0A

Oh, and it have 3 X 4 pin molex connectors free!


On bluberry site there are other spec then on psu. wtf

This must be a joke?! I opened my case just too be certain about the specs and founded:

+5V +3.3V +12V
22A 15A 12A

My assumption is that this is too low for radeon hd 5750?

June 16, 2010 12:48:46 PM

Knowing this I would probably buy TT Lite 400W for 30 euro! It have 30A on 12V rail.
!