What do you think?

CamronL

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hey people, just bought a new SSD for my gaming computer and just wanted some friendly feedback on what i did (did i do the right thing).

So anyways, i have recently bought 2 SSD's for my system, one is the boot drive and the other will be my games drive.

I got the Samsung 830 Series 64GB SSD as my new boot drive, i was looking in so many areas to find out what the cheapest SSD was within my budget (£50) that still ran really well and this came out on top. I paid £49.98 delivered from the dabs outlet on ebay, good choice?

Secondly i just bought myself one of these OCZ Technology Octane 2 Series 128GB as my games drive, i don't play many games just the select few but my HDD couldn't keep up with the data read rate. Now I've looked around and there are mixed reviews on this particular SSD, some saying they are reliable and some saying they aren't, what do you guys think? I payed £26.33 from a private seller on ebay.

This is my first leap to SSD from HDD so please be nice if i have acted like a complete plonker by buying these drives.

Thanks for taking the time to look at and read this post, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Camron.

mad-max79

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
The Samsung SSDs are known for reliability, OCZ is not that good known for. You should just do backups on regular basis, which makes a drive failure much easier to handle :)

CamronL

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I will be sure to do the backups, i just thought for the price, even if it fails after say a year, i have got my moneys worth in my personal opinion. I'll be sure to go for the Samsung 830 128GB SSD if the OCZ one fails, maybe even a 256GB, thanks for the reply :)