Looking for 1000w PSU

G

Hello,

I have a 750w PSU model# NPS-750AB-1 B. I can't find any info on this PSU. It has a unicable which connects the main power cable, volt power cable, sata cable, and PCI cable into one socket on the PSU. I'm looking for a 1000w PSU similar to the one I have with this unicable. Can anyone recommend one for me?

G

Yes I'm upgrading the system, purchased a i7-980x cpu and a superclocked GTX 480. My wife is purchasing me another 480 card this week. I don't think It would be wise to run this with my PSU.

I wish my wife-to-be was so understanding in gifting me a PC hardware! She thinks they are all the same and a waste of time. :D

That is quite an insane rig you are buying. That too when Sandy Bridge is just around the corner. Even a GTX480 SLI would be able to fit into a decent 850W PSU. So i would suggest you get a good one in that range. Corsair AX850W should he good enough.

If you want to go for a 1000W one, HX1000 from Corsair is quite a good one.

ram1009

Distinguished
I'm glad someone around here has enough sense to get an oversize PSU. I preach the benefits almost daily but feel like I'm pi$$ing inthe wind. Don't let anybody talk you out of it. It's the cheapest insurance policy you'll ever buy for any rig.