Sign in with
Your question

Asus help boards

Last response: in Memory
April 26, 2011 1:20:49 AM

I have an old asus P4P800 deluxe motherboard. I installed 1 gig (2 512 sticks) of corsair. I bought two sticks of Patriot 1gig pc-3200 400mhz to upgrade the memory.

They failed to post and when I reinstalled the old memory they too failed at first but on a second try by immediately pressing the delete key I was able to get into the setup. I just indicated to continue without changing a thing, and things proceeded normally and all was fine.

I was informed on several websites that this patriot memory was compatible, but I guess not unless someone has an idea to get them to work.

Thanks

Doug Johnson

More about : asus boards

a b } Memory
April 26, 2011 1:55:54 AM

Inserted properly?
m
l
May 1, 2011 5:19:21 AM

Yes, as far as I can tell. The white clips latched and the sticks were firmly fitted.

Could it be maybe I need to increase the voltage? The board supposedly automatically adjusts for the new memory though.

I've tried a second time and the memory would not post. The computer would not respond to the press delete command which I guess makes sense if the memory won't post.

Any help will be appreciated.

Doug Johnson
m
l
a b } Memory
May 2, 2011 5:00:31 AM

Shouldn't be voltage, as it will be running it an normal speeds. Try both sticks one at a time.
m
l
!