Tags:
  • Memory
  • DDR2
  • Twinmos
  • RAM
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Memory
April 26, 2011 4:43:15 AM

I have two companies ddr2 ram.One is transcend 1gb and other is twinmos 2gb.is it a problem to install both ram in motherboard?
second question is will i get maximum speed?

More about : problem occurs companies ram slot

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
April 26, 2011 10:39:22 AM

It will probably work, but will likely will be in single channel mode - which is not as big a deal as some people try to make it.
m
l
a c 75 } Memory
a c 232 V Motherboard
April 26, 2011 2:45:17 PM

saeef said:
I have two companies ddr2 ram.One is transcend 1gb and other is twinmos 2gb.is it a problem to install both ram in motherboard?
second question is will i get maximum speed?

After the small explosion that will follow when you boot for the first time with the mixed config (only kidding), you will likely only operate in single channel mode as Noworldorder stated. Single channel vs. dual channel performance differences are not all that great and should not present a major issue for your system. Also, the memory will operate at the "least common denominator" in terms of speed settings. Make sure your BIOS is set to AUTO and don't even attempt to overclock the mixed config.

Good luck!
m
l
April 30, 2011 1:06:33 AM

Agreed - I ran a Samsung chip with a Micron chip fine for a year same speed. Like COLgeek says do not try to overclock.
Dave
m
l
!