Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hard driver missing(can see it on the bio)

Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2012 2:22:55 AM

Just got my new pc build but cant see my sec hard driver under my computer. was able to see it before update window 7 but cant see it no more i can see it on bio n intel rst try everthing include uninstall the sata controller
a c 113 G Storage
September 21, 2012 3:43:40 AM

datian said:
Just got my new pc build but cant see my sec hard driver under my computer. was able to see it before update window 7 but cant see it no more i can see it on bio n intel rst try everthing include uninstall the sata controller

you need to use windows drive tools .
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/disk-manageme...
or you need to use windows 7 install cd..boot from it and on your new hard drive make sure there a partion and format it. then windows will be able to give it a drive letter. without a partion and format it wont show up in windows.
September 21, 2012 10:48:30 AM

i can see my harddriver on the disk management but it show as a raid 0(was a raid 0 with other harddriver but other harddriver die)show it got 300gb space but this harddriver only have 160gb space. and Not Initialized i try to Initialized but it show system cant find the file specified
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 21, 2012 10:56:08 AM

It was in a raid 0 and 1 drive died. Raid 0 has no redundancy so all the data that was on that raid is gone. If you want to use that drive again you'll need to remove it from raid then partition and format the drive.
September 21, 2012 10:59:59 AM

how do i remove from the raid (it was raid 0)
September 21, 2012 11:14:04 AM

my window are install in other driver(SSD). i get into the bios my sata setting are AHCI i am using ASRock z75 pro3 motherboard
September 22, 2012 12:38:45 PM

finally find out what happen right now i have go to bio setting set RAID first then delete the raid volume then switch back to AHCI thx for the help guys
September 22, 2012 12:39:08 PM

Best answer selected by datian.
!