Sign in with
Your question

ABSOLUTE BEST SSD

Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2012 3:47:44 AM

its in the title. Currently i have a OCZ Solid 3 and am looking to upgrade.

More about : absolute ssd

September 21, 2012 5:07:15 AM

syngatesfan200 said:
its in the title. Currently i have a OCZ Solid 3 and am looking to upgrade.

Hi There.

When you say "best" do you mean the fastest? or the most reliable ? or the best overall rated ?

Things can also depend on what sytem it will be used in as far as the motherboard ability to handle sata2 or take advantage of drives capable of sata3 speeds.

I am happy to have a good look around at various sites to see what the general thoughts are.

Brad
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
September 21, 2012 5:17:23 AM

Without going to the extremes, the Samsung 830 series are fast and reliable. The Crucial M4's are very reliable, and just as fast as the Samsung 830. With these two lines of SSD's, you can't go wrong.
m
l
September 21, 2012 5:37:29 AM

Have a look at the Intel 520 series and the Corsair Force SSDs.

Speeds are of the best and they come with a 5yr limited warranty if I'm not mistaken.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 21, 2012 7:40:53 AM

I would recommend the Samsung 830, it is pretty fast, reliable and also have 3 years warranty.
m
l
September 22, 2012 1:45:13 PM

I'm liking Samsung as well for reliability, Intel's 330/520 series have mixed results, the initial reviews by owners were all positive, now I'm seeing issues with some owners.

The Kingston Hyper X 3K series has some solid user reviews as well.

I could care less what Pro Reviews say, unless they actually point out a major flaw, then I'm all ears. I always sort user reviews from low to high and see what issues they have and how many are negative.

I'm shopping for one....Just can't make myself pull the trigger, same with my GPU upgrade.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 22, 2012 6:01:26 PM

cliffro said:
I'm liking Samsung as well for reliability, Intel's 330/520 series have mixed results, the initial reviews by owners were all positive, now I'm seeing issues with some owners.

The Kingston Hyper X 3K series has some solid user reviews as well.

I could care less what Pro Reviews say, unless they actually point out a major flaw, then I'm all ears. I always sort user reviews from low to high and see what issues they have and how many are negative.

I'm shopping for one....Just can't make myself pull the trigger, same with my GPU upgrade.

I tend to agree with you about pro reviewers, while they can give you some information, you can see what the real word results of a product are from reviews; although the only issue is retard reviewers who probably cause the issues themselves.
m
l
September 23, 2012 3:37:34 AM

edogawa said:
I tend to agree with you about pro reviewers, while they can give you some information, you can see what the real word results of a product are from reviews; although the only issue is retard reviewers who probably cause the issues themselves.

Yeah, I can usually spot those ones, I believe one of the negative reviews of the Kingston SSD is because it only had 111GB after formatting. It's 2012, Hard Drives NEVER end up with what's on the label inside Windows apparently he's just realizing this.

m
l
September 25, 2012 12:59:33 AM

The best of the best, is the OCZ RevoDrive 3, it slots into a PCI, and according to real world APC tests, it transfers at 1.5gb/s . The price is $1900 (Australian) for 240gb. You can also get this is 540 GB prices.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 25, 2012 3:44:08 AM

edogawa said:
I hope this was a joke, lol.

No, definitely not...
m
l
September 26, 2012 11:27:42 AM

Ha! You're all not even close to the best-of-the-best ssd. And you're off by a factor of 10x with that OCZ Z trash and 25x with the RevoDrive. It's RunCore's new Kylin III SSD. It's available in 450GB, 785GB, and 1.6TB capacities, the latter of which serves up the scintillating of 3,000,000 random read and 1,400,000 million random write IOPS. Transfer speeds are rated at 3GB/s read and 2GB/s write. And don't ask how much, because it just means your money is limited and you can't afford it.

http://www.runcore.com/en/RC-SSDProductShow-246.html
m
l
a b G Storage
September 26, 2012 10:08:31 PM

kleinkinstein said:
Ha! You're all not even close to the best-of-the-best ssd. And you're off by a factor of 10x with that OCZ Z trash and 25x with the RevoDrive. It's RunCore's new Kylin III SSD. It's available in 450GB, 785GB, and 1.6TB capacities, the latter of which serves up the scintillating of 3,000,000 random read and 1,400,000 million random write IOPS. Transfer speeds are rated at 3GB/s read and 2GB/s write. And don't ask how much, because it just means your money is limited and you can't afford it.

http://www.runcore.com/en/RC-SSDProductShow-246.html

That thing is intense.
m
l
!