About future prices??

andylp4ever

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
hi! anybody can think how the prices of the graphics cards will be at the end of the year? especially the 4800 series of ATi.... im interested in the HD 4890... will be cheaper or more expensive??? should i wait until the end of this year?? any new cards are about to come??? thank you!!!

Cheaper on ebay, and places like newegg won't have them in stock anymore. They'll probably go for $150 on eBay, the 4870 $120, and the 4850 $80. Basically they'll stay the same, because ATI's 5K equivalent is already near the same price.

Let me get out my crystal ball... Sorry, it's not working right now. :)

Seriously, nobody can tell you for sure what prices are going to do in the future. The general trend, however, is that discontinued items go up in price because they aren't being manufactured any more. If you really want a previous generation card then you should probably buy it used. That being said, why not get a current generation 5xxx GPU instead?

andylp4ever

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

hey man.... i dont want to tell me for SURE.... i just want an opinion....an idea of how the prices would go until the end of the year-....

andylp4ever

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

looks like you understand it, but he didn`t i said something wrong? because i`m from Spain and I dont know if i made some mistakes.... please forgive them! thanks!

Email Jorge Lorenzo and ask him to put it on his "Things to-do when I'm World Champion" list.

andylp4ever

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

haha thats a good one..... PEDROSA POWER!!!! ahhahha

andylp4ever

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

well.... isnt so bad.... a civil war? no way man... there are o chances... :sarcastic: people are crazy because of the wage reduction.... haha

The best kind of war is the one that's kept on the track, and the one between Pedrosa and Lorenzo is one some of us have been waiting for and salivating over. Economics and other boring "normal" politics are not any concern for me. ;)