Sign in with
Your question

ULTRA Power Supplies cables

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 4:10:39 AM

Hello I am missing one cable for my ultra X3 power supply. I need the cable that goes to the CD-ROM drive. I am using a full tower case and the drive is at the top of the case. Can you offer me any help or suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to extend. Best regards, Peter
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 5:04:23 AM

They do not supply new cables EVEN UNDER WARRANTY...

next time go with a better company like cosair.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 5:18:55 AM

Yep just got done going through this BS. Ultra does not supply them no matter what you do. Neither does the OEM of the PSU.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 5:19:34 AM

AMW1011 said:
Yep just got done going through this BS. Ultra does not supply them no matter what you do. Neither does the OEM of the PSU.

Cosair FTW??? :sol: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 16, 2010 5:42:10 AM

Randomacts said:
Cosair FTW??? :sol: 

Corsair, Antec, Enermax, and Seasonic FTW actually.

Love my PC Power and Cooling too, but it is one of the older models back when PC P&C existed. They are now just a re-branded OCZ which isn't nearly as good.
m
l
September 16, 2010 8:27:04 AM

Can you get a molex power cable from somewhere else (extension cable perhaps) and then modify one end so that 4 wires fit into the psu? Maybe look at the existing cables in the psu for a reference guide. And obviously disconnect it from the mains power before trying this!!!
m
l
September 16, 2010 2:22:46 PM

cant you just buy one of their cheaper modular x3s or x2sor find a broken one on craigslist or somethin of the sort - and use the cables from the one you buy... the electrical resistance might be different though...
m
l
!