Sign in with
Your question

My computer is not booting

Last response: in Motherboards
April 26, 2011 6:41:50 AM

Hi sir,

My computer is not booting up..the power is on. power is come in to the mouse, and also in keyboard...the motherboard is also working fine..

i replace the CMOS battery with new one. this time i start my computer and press F8 it display one message i.e., "The firmware has detected that CMOS battery failure has occurred, press enter to continue" and i press enter again it display same message again i press enter after 3rd time my system is on normally. after some time i restart my computer that time also working fine. after some time i shutdown my system and Turn on that time also my system Turn on.

Again i Turn on my system in the Evenining, this time onwards my system is not booting. again previous problem occured. there is no booting. i press F8 there is no use. power comes into the monitor is also fine.

Please help me. what can i do? and one more thing i press on the UPS button, CPU is also the Turn on with out press the CPU button. please tell me the what is this problems?

Thanks.

More about : computer booting

a c 212 V Motherboard
April 26, 2011 4:16:36 PM

Verify that all of your cables/connectors are firmly attached/connected. It is possible that you dislodged something while installing the new battery. Also verify that the "clear CMOS" jumper is not in the "clear" setting.
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2012 7:43:17 PM

you need to check your pc board , maybe you damaged the board near the bios battery if its not ,
check if you can hear 1 short bip sound from M.b speaker if not, then remove all of the devices in your board Except cpu and cpu fan , then start pc and wait for bip sound from m.b , you need to check bip code and add devices one after another , if the bip code is not good with each device , you need to change your device.
you can get bip code chart in google. you must add devices this way and check bip codes , frist add ram , then grafic , and hdd , then cdrom , then fdd if you have and other , if you hear 1 short bip at last your pc is fine and you must can use your pc after all . sorry for bad english.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 5, 2012 11:40:26 PM

Try to update your BIOS
m
l
December 7, 2012 5:04:23 AM

desktop is not booting. when I start the system, processor fan runs for 5 seconds and then stop and again self restart the processor fan and then continue running but no display. RAM is working and cables are proper connect and working.
Motherboard - Intel DG45ID
processor- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83
RAM - DDR 2
SMPS - cooler master 460w.
m
l
!