How to connect the Front USB wiring Lian Li PC 61 case

biyahero

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I have maintenance responsibility for some Lian Li PC61 cases with ASUS P4C800E Deluxe motherboards, and after years of researchng I finally figured out how to connect the front USB ports to the motherboard (the wires are individual and labeled in a non-standard fashion). Now at the moment the instructions are unavailable and I need to connect the front USB ports in another one. Does anyone else know how to do this?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does the case front panel USB wires use the typical, black, red, green, and white wires? If so, use that as a guide to mimic the typical connector and connect that way. I am sure you have access to another "standard" USB header connector that you can use as a guide.

Good luck!

biyahero

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Thank you. I did have a addon 4 USB port device supplied by Lian Li which has two plugs (each of which provides two additional USB ports in the back). These cables have a plug which does not have individual wires, and I disconnected one of those plugs so that I only have two additional USB ports in the back and followed the colors to connect the individual wires.

From back to front:
Red = VCC1
White = Data-1
Green = Data+1
Black = Ground 1
Black = Shield

Red = VCC2
White = Data-2
Green = Data+2
Black = Ground 2
No pin on 5th position on one side

It works great. Thanks for the suggestion.