Sign in with
Your question

Gaming/Engineer/HTPC PC-Please critique and suggest

Last response: in Systems
July 17, 2010 7:16:26 PM

Hey hardwareans...I've been following this site gleaning what useful information i can out of it to make my own build. But somewhere along the line you have to ask for help haha so here it is. I hope you guys can be as helpful for me as you have been many other thousands of people xD

I am trying to find that balance between semi-ultimate gaming and future proof(3-4yrs)ness needed in my situation.....

BUDGET Approx 700-900 for the bits i dont have yet (eg , ram, case, psu...am i missing anything?)

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: In the next couple of weeks/1mnth

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
-- Gaming xD
-- Home Theatre uses as well since my GF and I will be moving out soon and havent quite got the money to buy TV's, DVD players and all that jazz.
-- CAD, microstation and various other drafting programmes.
-- general surfing/music/apps

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
-HDD's
-I have already got an i7 875k Unlocked CPU 1156 socket as i am going to need the 4core+HT+ high processing speeds for CAD and Ripping music/DVDs.
-Corsair H50 Hydro series CPU cooler
-MSI Hawk 5770(should i get another one of these and CFX or just upg to something meatier and sell the MSI i already have(unused) If so, What should i UPG to??)
-Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI (crappy mobo, would like later to upg to Asus Maximus III Extreme for CFX/SLI without PCIE bottlenecking)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Well I'm in perth Australia so whatever you suggest i will source it down. Unless you see something on this MSY Parts List because I will be going there to pick up a couple other things also

PARTS PREFERENCES: As long as it runs well for the next few yrs doesnt use too much power or make too much heat im fine with any and all.
MSY Parts List
Ebay

OVERCLOCKING:Thats why i bought the CPU xD
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes in the future. i would rather have one decent card than two crappy ones though. no preference either way

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 and higher, possibly 3 monitor setup later

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I have to go to MSY to pick up this AeroCool VX-E Pro case, this Corsair TX650Watt PSU and my RAM (suggestions please, see above msy link).

BTW does anyone have some suggestions on a monitor/TV that would run well with my ambitions. after something 24" +

Thanx in advance
Skorch

"You are sitting in my station, using my equipment. Is there a reason for this, or to save time should I just go ahead and snap your hands off at the wrist?"
July 18, 2010 3:43:17 AM

b b b bUMP!

"You are sitting in my station, using my equipment. Is there a reason for this, or to save time should I just go ahead and snap your hands off at the wrist?"
July 18, 2010 1:05:45 PM

Bump again

July 20, 2010 3:32:34 AM

And again...Can someone help me please?

!