Seagate share- asus media player

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
i have asus media players connected to my windows 7 pc and had issues with logon failures through network. after searching around through forums i installed a patch and works fine. now i bought a seagate share 2 TB and i have the pc and 2 media devices attached to the router which is connected to the NAS. when accessing the nas from the devices through network i get again the same message i had before but accessing the disc of the pc is ok. is there any other solution to do. also when i access the nas from the devices through the UPNP feature it's ok but not always all the folders appear and sometimes they are misplaced.

thanks

keithvassallo

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
UPDATE DONE BUT STILL THE SAME. ACCESSING FOLDERS THROUGH NETWORK GIVES ME LOGON FAIL WHILE ACCESSING THROUGH UPnP DOES NOT ALWAYS SHOW ALL THE FILES AND FOLDERS CONTAINED IN THE SEAGATE
ANY IDEAS PLEASE.

sk1939

Distinguished
When you access the folders through the network, do you have a log on prompt that apppears? UPnP has that issue from time to time. What are you accessing the drive from? Have you updated the Asus as well?

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
yes when i access through network i get the log on screen, i also had that that when i accessed the network to the pc but that was solved with installing the oplay fix in the registry in windows 7(this was done before i bought the seagate drive) i am accessing the drive with the Asus hdp-r1 from one room and the hdp r3 air from another room. for the r3 i could not find a firmware while the r1 is running the 1.41P.

thank for your help, it's getting me crazy.

sk1939

Distinguished
When you get the logon screen enter "\" if you don't have user permissions set. Also, not all files will show up under UPnp if the player doesn't support the file type. As to why it is sporadic, it could be a glitch with the players, since it happens with both the Seagate and when you streamed it from your PC.

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
where should i enter '\' in the user id or the password?
i noticed the sporadic behavior of files is mainly in the folders and files with mp3 files and when working with pc to access the seagate it's perfect, the problems are when accessing the seagate from both asus devices.

sk1939

Distinguished
Where it asks for user ID.

That sounds like it is an issue on the Asus devices part then, since the PC itself functions just fine. The issue is how the folders are displayed, and the fact that the Realtek interface (Asus just makes the package) is rather terrible. Are your MP3s all in one giant folder, or are they grouped into a bunch of folders (one folder per artist for example)? Is is the same files not appearing repeatedly?

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
all the files are missing. the mp3 files are grouped per artist and some even in subfolders per album. i found out that (in UPnP) if i search by artist, the files will appear. going back to the network issue, it would seem like the problem is not from windows now since the pc is off when i try to connect from the asus to the seagate, what do you think.
thanks

sk1939

Distinguished
It has to do with the way the devices see the folders. If you open the folders do you see the files?

What issue still occurs when connecting from the Asus to the Seagate?

keithvassallo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
when accessing from asus i choose 'upnp/goflex/myfolders/mymusic' but that's as far as i can go, all the sub folders disapear unless i then search by artist. is there a way to fix the network issue