Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sony All-in-one desktops: Video card upgrade?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2010 9:01:28 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to help a buddy upgrade his computer's graphics card. I don't have the model number but its a Sony All-In-One desktop that about 1 year old. He needs a better graphics card in order to play some of the more graphic intensive games. can i even swap out graphic cards or add a graphics card to Sony's all-in-one desktops? I think it utilizes an intel integrated graphics card now? Are they just regular laptop graphic cards? Any advice on where to start would be appreciated?
Thanks!

Best solution

a c 189 U Graphics card
June 9, 2010 8:37:57 AM

As far as i know, all in one desktop is a slimcase PC, which has a low power PSU (about 200W-300W) and if you want to swap graphic card then you must get a low profile card so it will fit into the case...

Without more info about your friend's PC, we can't give you any suggestions... :) 
June 9, 2010 3:12:18 PM

Just found out the model number. Its VGC-LT20E.

Any suggestions on the type of graphics card that needed? or if its even possible?
Related resources
June 16, 2010 4:46:54 PM

Best answer selected by Needsleep.
June 10, 2011 7:14:19 AM

hello wa1 i got a all in one pc ACER Aspire z3730 with a Intel gma x4500 graphic card would be able change this graphic card?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2012 10:43:35 PM

Jay1512 said:
hello wa1 i got a all in one pc ACER Aspire z3730 with a Intel gma x4500 graphic card would be able change this graphic card?

heyy i got the aspire Z5801 all-in-one and it can play a few high graphics games id rather be able to play them on high not low so if you have any info on changing the graphics card or not can you tell me

my pc details
http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/PW.SGBE2.0...
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 24, 2012 11:06:49 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!