Gatway 5228 Graphics card?

and i already ordered a new power suply...it was only 300w im getting a 550w.
22 answers Last reply
More about gatway 5228 graphics card
  1. hey i have a gatway gt5228 computer and would like to upgrade the graphics card. i only have 1 pci e slot. what would be the best card for me to get for 200 or under? thanks
  2. The very max card for your x2 4200+ CPU would be HD5770. If you are gaming at 1680 x 1050 or lower resolution you might get as happy with GTS250, HD4850 or HD5750 the two first ones can be had for less than $100 on newegg.com most of the time.
  3. also i posted this in the cpu section but can i just swap a am2 6000+ into it without any other changes? i dont know much about computers. thanks guys and i was actually goin to get the XFX - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card...is that the best for the $?
  4. and 1 more thing im using my 32inch sharp aquos tv for the display.
  5. i already ordered 2 more gb of ram.

this is whats in there now.
    AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200+ dual-core processor with AMD64 Technology
    2.2 GHz

i want to put either the
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor
    or the
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

what spec do you need?
  6. sorry just figured out the cpu-z thing... yes its a windsor
  7. and i cant us the xfx 5770...not enough room in the case..
  8. i cant lol...i only have 1 slot that it goes into in the back area... those all that 2..
  9. this would fit! that looks pretty good.. is that a good brand though? and the best i can get for under $200?
  10. i think they cooler on the HIS will hit the cooler on the pross...gerr what a pain in the a..
  11. Here is a interesting thing http://www.partstore.com/part/gateway/gateway/4006147r/refurbished.aspx?s=froogle&cid=froogle they list the motherboard as Socket 939 with DDR2 ram?
    OK at least FIC got it right as AM2 http://www.fic.com.tw/product/motherboard/AMD/k2bc51lf.aspx
  12. i mean i could order it and if it doesnt fit return it... yeah give me a min
  13. the card wont hit it will the fin part...
  14. i think im gunna order the HIS and see what happends... what do you think?
  15. ? it will be facing up! not down!
  16. the motherboard is on the op side then norm... my other computer they would face down... this 1 is up...gay gatway...
  17. the right hand side of the pic is the back of the case
  18. This powercolor card looks to be the only card where the cooler does not extend past the card connector http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131330
    Looking at your picture it should fit.
  19. well i ordered the HIS...hopfully it doesnt hit... if it does ill be returning it and getting the powercolor. thanks for all the help guys! ill let you know what happends.
  20. so i upgraded my power suply, got 2 more gigs or ram and got the HIS ati radeon 5770 and it fit perfect. any bigger and it wouldnt have. tested it out. it is 1 million times better then my mobo pos video card. its like playing completely different games now! its awesome. thanks a lot for you help guys!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Graphics Product